MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
We have sealed a deal with Holley Management to produce another 25 KITS. These last 25 kits will go into production on the 15th of June 2009!

Although it was made perfectly clear that there was no PROMISE of a delivery date, a reasonable person would expect that 25 sets of brake lines that went into production on 15 June 2009 would be completed well before July, August, September.

MCS took my money on 9 June, 2009. Where is my money now? Did MCS have to send it all to Earl's on 15 June, 2009?

This is absurd. I'd like my brakeline kits or a refund.

Sorry, but this isn't reasonable, IMO. This isn't personal, it is BUSINESS, and unacceptable at that.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
MCS Motorsports said:
We have a *tentative* ETA of the 1st week in September.

-MCS
3mr2s said:
We have sealed a deal with Holley Management to produce another 25 KITS. These last 25 kits will go into production on the 15th of June 2009!

Although it was made perfectly clear that there was no PROMISE of a delivery date, a reasonable person would expect that 25 sets of brake lines that went into production on 15 June 2009 would be completed well before July, August, September.

MCS took my money on 9 June, 2009. Where is my money now? Did MCS have to send it all to Earl's on 15 June, 2009?

This is absurd. I'd like my brakeline kits or a refund.

Sorry, but this isn't reasonable, IMO. This isn't personal, it is BUSINESS, and unacceptable at that.
Absurd? LOL - "MCS took my money" - You SENT us your money on your own free will. This is the exact reason why we HATE doing these types of special group runs.

You signed up. You sent money knowing full well that we had NO ETA on the completion of the lines. It was in our thread introduction! However, it seems that you have personal working knowledge of what it takes for a company to build 25 sets of obselete parts at special request.

This is super fair to the others. Where is your money? Your money went into our bank account to replenish the the costs of 25 brake line kits to be produced. Unlike other folks who run special buys, we front the costs so that when the product is complete - all we have to do is ship.

PM us your information so you can buy cheap lines elsewhere.

-MCS

·
Registered
561 Posts
from post #98:Quote:

from post #1:Quote:

Sorry you take this so personally. Like I said, this is not an attack on your personal character, just my opinion on poor business practice.

So you didn't "take" my money, you just "have" my money, and everyone else's money, for two and a half months, and we "sent" you that money with the understanding that these lines would be in production 15 June, 2009. Perhaps this doesn't bother you because your money isn't on the line, as you pointed out, you used the money you collected first and deposited into the business bank account to offset any out of pocket expense. Fair enough. How about being an advocate for all the members of this buy, by contacting the manufacturer and asking why they gave you a partial fulfillment of your order when you sent them all the money up front? And then communicate with the members of this group buy why things are dragging out this long.

You can get mad if you'd like, but it wasn't my intent to make you angry. I intended to "stir the pot" with this GB and either discover that we WILL be getting lines soon or that the manufacturer backed out and won't be sending the rest, therefore we get refunded.

We have "sealed a deal" sounds a lot more certain and secure than "tentative ETA" first week September ninety eight posts later. So what changed?

·
old enuf’ 2 know better….
464 Posts
I don't get it - MCS couldn't have been clearer :

These last 25 kits will go into production on the 15th of June 2009! If you are interested in getting a set of these lines before they become OBS, you MUST pre-pay! As of now, we do not have an Estimated Time of Completion from Earl's on this last batch - repeat - we do not have an Estimated Time of Completion on the last 25 line kits

If your order was contingent on a definite, known delivery date, then obviously you should not have placed the order.
With all the bitching and whining that is going on, it's very understandable why vendors would be reluctant to even mess with a group buy like this.
Thank you to MCS for going through the hassle to make these "last of a kind" available before they are no more!
:thumbup

·
Registered
210 Posts
jmbomr2 I second that, when i read it I got the impression that we would not know when they would be done, I kinda got the impression this was a if you want one of the last sets and are WILLING to WAIT, then buy. I have read a lot of threads were if some one would just send an e-mail(maybe you did) or call(maybe you did that too) the problem would get worked out. I know that MCS has always answered my calls/emails in a day or two. I will admit there fourm responde time can sometimes be a little slow. But they do ALWAYS come though. but yet again I have the paticence of a snail.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
3mr2s said:
from post #98:Quote:

from post #1:Quote:

Sorry you take this so personally. Like I said, this is not an attack on your personal character, just my opinion on poor business practice.

So you didn't "take" my money, you just "have" my money, and everyone else's money, for three and a half months, and we "sent" you that money with the understanding that these lines would be in production 15 June, 2009. Perhaps this doesn't bother you because your money isn't on the line, as you pointed out, you used the money you collected first and deposited into the business bank account to offset any out of pocket expense. Fair enough. How about being an advocate for all the members of this buy, by contacting the manufacturer and asking why they gave you a partial fulfillment of your order when you sent them all the money up front? And then communicate with the members of this group buy why things are dragging out this long.

You can get mad if you'd like, but it wasn't my intent to make you angry. I intended to "stir the pot" with this GB and either discover that we WILL be getting lines soon or that the manufacturer backed out and won't be sending the rest, therefore we get refunded.

We have "sealed a deal" sounds a lot more certain and secure than "tentative ETA" first week September ninety eight posts later. So what changed?
Please give us your name so we can refund your purchase and provide another individual with the chance to get these lines. Like I mentioned, I would contact Holley direct if you are wondering why the production of this buy is "dragging" out so long. We communicate to the buyers when we have information to communicate.

GABE said:
are there any more sets still available?
Yes Gabe - we have sets that are unspoken for.

Paypal is [email protected]

dragoneclipse said:
my question wasn't answered by just copying and pasting a previous quoted eta. I asked if you had an updated eta. This means yes or no. If yes please specify. Thanks
Is that right? Wow. We updated the thread with an tentative ETA of the 1st week in September. If we, all of sudden, had another update on when the lines will ship to us, then we would post it.

If you don't want to wait, or are unsure, that you don't want the lines or question how long Holley is taking to produce these last sets of obsolete lines - PLEASE PM us your information.

We'll be GLAD to take care of it for you.

-MCS

·
Registered
870 Posts
Is It necessary to be such a prick about it? All I saw was a response from you copying and pasting you original eta. All I needed was a straight answer. Even a refer to post one if you're that lazy and or feel like being dicks. I apologize If I upset you but I'm just eager to find out what's going on so I can plan ahead. Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
MCS Motorsports said:
Absurd? LOL - "MCS took my money" - You SENT us your money on your own free will. This is the exact reason why we HATE doing these types of special group runs.

...Where is your money? Your money went into our bank account to replenish the the costs of 25 brake line kits to be produced.

Unlike other folks who run special buys, we front the costs so that when the product is complete - all we have to do is ship.

PM us your information so you can buy cheap lines elsewhere.

-MCS
As someone not involved in the purchase of these brake lines, I gotta say... SO much ATTITUDE, MCS!! If you HATE doing these type of special group buys/runs, it's real simple -- don't do them! Nobody is holding a gun to your head, are they?

Yeah, it's cool that you're managing to get a good product made one more time before it floats out into the ether forever, but even with your "disclosure" of no ETA, you must understand that patience can only go so far. At some point, even the most patient of individuals become frustrated over having sent you their hard earned money and STILL not having a product to show for it.

And your closing shot of, "PM us your information so you can buy cheap lines elsewhere" seems totally unnecessary. Furthermore, it clearly shows your sheer lack of regard and concern for YOUR CUSTOMER who paid you money in advance on the promise that your would deliver the product ordered. (Which I'm sure you will...eventually.)

After reading so many negative MCS threads about unhappy transactions -- both big dollar and small dollar -- your prevailing negative attitude continues to reinforce my assertion that regardless of what products you may offer, or what nice deals you may have in store, I'll never do any business with MCS.

Maybe you should take a page from David Hawkins at Twos R Us, or Ken Blake at Royal Moore Toyota, or Aaron Willis at Lithia Toyota and do business THE RIGHT WAY! These guys ALWAYS gets it right. That's who I want to do business with, vendors who CARE about their customer and UNDERSTAND how their customer feels, especially whevenever a problem or issue may arise.

In this difficult economy...in this small, niche market you service and cater to, you would really be wise to think twice about how you treat your customers and what type of comments you put out there.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
As someone not involved in the purchase of these brake lines, I gotta say... SO much ATTITUDE, MCS!! If you HATE doing these type of special group buys/runs, it's real simple -- don't do them! Nobody is holding a gun to your head, are they?

Yeah, it's cool that you're managing to get a good product made one more time before it floats out into the ether forever, but even with your "disclosure" of no ETA, you must understand that patience can only go so far. At some point, even the most patient of individuals become frustrated over having sent you their hard earned money and STILL not having a product to show for it.

And your closing shot of, "PM us your information so you can buy cheap lines elsewhere" seems totally unnecessary. Furthermore, it clearly shows your sheer lack of regard and concern for YOUR CUSTOMER who paid you money in advance on the promise that your would deliver the product ordered. (Which I'm sure you will...eventually.)

After reading so many negative MCS threads about unhappy transactions -- both big dollar and small dollar -- your prevailing negative attitude continues to reinforce my assertion that regardless of what products you may offer, or what nice deals you may have in store, I'll never do any business with MCS.

Maybe you should take a page from David Hawkins at Twos R Us, or Ken Blake at Royal Moore Toyota, or Aaron Willis at Lithia Toyota and do business THE RIGHT WAY! These guys ALWAYS gets it right. That's who I want to do business with, vendors who CARE about their customer and UNDERSTAND how their customer feels, especially whevenever a problem or issue may arise.

In this difficult economy...in this small, niche market you service and cater to, you would really be wise to think twice about how you treat your customers and what type of comments you put out there.

Wow dude are you serious? I think MCS made it more then clear before someone sent their money for these lines! Also for you to mention David Hawkins at Twos R Us, or Ken Blake at Royal Moore Toyota, or Aaron Willis at Lithia Toyota, I'm sure they wouldn't want anybody speaking of their names brought up in this or any ________. For someone not involved in the purchase of these brake lines its easier for you to try to burn MCS, maybe because you might have had some previous experience or something.

MCS is willing to do refunds from what i read, so those people can go to some other place if they would like. I see no lack of regard to customers because it is a upon update situation, plain and simple

·
Registered
581 Posts
MRspeeder said:
Wow dude are you serious? I think MCS made it more then clear before someone sent their money for these lines! Also for you to mention David Hawkins at Twos R Us, or Ken Blake at Royal Moore Toyota, or Aaron Willis at Lithia Toyota, I'm sure they wouldn't want anybody speaking of their names brought up in this or any ________. For someone not involved in the purchase of these brake lines its easier for you to try to burn MCS, maybe because you might have had some previous experience or something.

MCS is willing to do refunds from what i read, so those people can go to some other place if they would like. I see no lack of regard to customers because it is a upon update situation, plain and simple
MRspeeder -- No previous experience with MCS. Burn MCS...? Please, I'm just reading what MCS writes in the thread and replying with my thoughts, which I have every right to do. It's the tone from MCS to the customer that made me reply. Before jumping on me for making an observation and a comment, maybe you should read the thread thoroughly and work on your comprehension skills.

As far as your comment about my mentioning the other vendors, I made a simple comparison to a trio of guys who I feel do business right and take care of their customers. I actually enjoy spending my money with those guys and having very positive transactions each time. I highly doubt that David, Ken or Aaron would take offense to my mentioning their excellent business practices. And if on the longshot chance that they do, they can certainly contact me and let me know, and I will gladly give them an apology.

(For the record, Ken's not a Bill Strong-sanctioned vendor of the MR2OC.)

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
MRspeeder -- No previous experience with MCS. Burn MCS...? Please, I'm just reading what MCS writes in the thread and replying with my thoughts, which I have every right to do. It's the tone from MCS to the customer that made me reply. Before jumping on me for making an observation and a comment, maybe you should read the thread thoroughly and work on your comprehension skills.

As far as your comment about my mentioning the other vendors, I made a simple comparison to a trio of guys who I feel do business right and take care of their customers. I actually enjoy spending my money with those guys and having very positive transactions each time. I highly doubt that David, Ken or Aaron would take offense to my mentioning their excellent business practices. And if on the longshot chance that they do, they can certainly contact me and let me know, and I will gladly give them an apology.

pfunkbooster--This is an a opinion forum and you do have the right to say what you want and make what ever opinion you like. But obviously your comprehension skills need work because your going against a seller that said everything to warn anyone before they sent there money to MCS plan and simple! .

Also for you to mention those three sellers, they have nothing to do with any of this? Where is you argument going? Their names have no business in this thread .

·
Registered
581 Posts
MRspeeder said:
pfunkbooster--This is an a opinion forum and you do have the right to say what you want and make what ever opinion you like. But obviously your comprehension skills need work because your going against a seller that said everything to warn anyone before they sent there money to MCS plan and simple! .

Also for you to mention those three sellers, they have nothing to do with any of this? Where is you argument going? Their names have no business in this thread .
Dude, I have no "argument" whatsoever. You seem to be clueless. I'll reply to you with a PM.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
Dude, I have no "argument" whatsoever. You seem to be clueless. I'll reply to you with a PM.
Yes im clueless, Why do you need to PM me? You have no argument that's why (what so ever)! PM me if you want some commonsense in selling products.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
I am PMing you to take this out of this thread.
Because you have no worthy facts to share to others, said and done. I have no interest in wasting my time to be PMing you on the topic of worthless crap. thanks but no thanks. :thumbup

·
Registered
581 Posts
MRspeeder said:
Because you have no worthy facts to share to others, said and done. I have no interest in wasting my time to be PMing you on the topic of worthless crap. thanks but no thanks. :thumbup
Worthy facts...? Uh, whatever. You made this a personal spat, and I elected to take it out of the thread because it's so stupid. PM sent.

·
2GR-FE FTW
2,945 Posts
Hey pfunk,

You're obviously not alone with your opinion/observation. Not sure why maturity/professional level goes where it sometimes does here. People can read and see it for themselves. Post 49 might tend to give a certain level of expectations, don't you think? What goes around... yada yada. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
422 Posts
pfunkbooster said:

(For the record, Ken's not a Bill Strong-sanctioned vendor of the MR2OC.)
i gotta chime in... totally agreed with you before and in the above.

MRspeeder - if you can't see what was wrong with what he pointed out, i feel for you. with age, you will find your clue.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.