MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is Elgin Llanes and im in Virginia Beach, VA
i sent my pistons and rods to MCS to have the crankshaft i bought from them machined and balanced on Aug 17, 2009. i received all the parts and attempted to assemble my block. first problem was that my rear main oil seal was to large and MCS said that i have a 5sfe crankshaft and need to buy the stroker pistons. after i buy pistons from them on Nov 2, 2009 i found that no matter whatever size bearing i used on my rods the clearance was either too tight or too loose. at the same time found that my pistons were sitting way below deck height. i spoke with them about this crank many times but no matter what i say they tell me its a 5sfe crankshaft. i know they sold me a 3sfe crankshaft because its 3SF is cast into the crankshaft. i shipped the crankshaft back to them in Dec. and tracking said they received it on Dec. 21 i message them asking for information on it and they decide to tell me they never got it. after 2 or 3 days i get a pm back saying they "found" my crankshaft after i describe to them that it was in a "brown box" after that i have yet to hear from them. so as of now i originally bough a crankshaft from them balanced with my rods and pistons for 300 plus shipping, then spent an extra 450(group buy price because they absolutely couldnt go any lower on price) for brand new pistons for my "wrong" crankshaft which was their fault, then another 50 on my part to send their mistake back to them without hearing crap about what they are going to do about it. and no they do not respond to anything or answer the phone if they know your number. in the end they sold me new pistons and took 300 extra as a bonus from me. thanks MCS Failsports. and yes, now i am speaking negatively about your fail shop. i have purchased things from you guys before and had no problems but apparently when it comes to other things you guys hide rather than resolve your issues. i have not seen you guys respond or try to solve any of your issues in buyers/sellers feedback section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Significant said:
my name is Elgin Llanes and im in Virginia Beach, VA
i sent my pistons and rods to MCS to have the crankshaft i bought from them machined and balanced on Aug 17, 2009. i received all the parts and attempted to assemble my block. first problem was that my rear main oil seal was to large and MCS said that i have a 5sfe crankshaft and need to buy the stroker pistons. after i buy pistons from them on Nov 2, 2009 i found that no matter whatever size bearing i used on my rods the clearance was either too tight or too loose. at the same time found that my pistons were sitting way below deck height. i spoke with them about this crank many times but no matter what i say they tell me its a 5sfe crankshaft. i know they sold me a 3sfe crankshaft because its 3SF is cast into the crankshaft. i shipped the crankshaft back to them in Dec. and tracking said they received it on Dec. 21 i message them asking for information on it and they decide to tell me they never got it. after 2 or 3 days i get a pm back saying they "found" my crankshaft after i describe to them that it was in a "brown box" after that i have yet to hear from them. so as of now i originally bough a crankshaft from them balanced with my rods and pistons for 300 plus shipping, then spent an extra 450(group buy price because they absolutely couldnt go any lower on price) for brand new pistons for my "wrong" crankshaft which was their fault, then another 50 on my part to send their mistake back to them without hearing crap about what they are going to do about it. and no they do not respond to anything or answer the phone if they know your number. in the end they sold me new pistons and took 300 extra as a bonus from me. thanks MCS Failsports. and yes, now i am speaking negatively about your fail shop. i have purchased things from you guys before and had no problems but apparently when it comes to other things you guys hide rather than resolve your issues. i have not seen you guys respond or try to solve any of your issues in buyers/sellers feedback section.
If I was an MR2OC vendor who underperformed at mechanical-- often -- like MCS and had no concept of proper customer service, I would LOVE a board like the MR2OC and owner Bill Strong because to a large degree you've got a license to offer up shoddy work and basically steal from people. You read about the same things over and over again,

yet where are the reprecussions for this company...?

What, are there not enough customers who have expressed their terrible MCS experiences...?

Is there not enough of a negative pattern here to warrant some corrective action by Bill Strong...?

You tell us, Bill. How bad does a company have to perform before you will step in and take corrective action to protect the members who make up your MR2OC board...?

If I've missed some thread indicating that MCS has in fact had to endure some reprecussions by Bill, then please excuse this post as I would be mistaken here. But I don't recall seeing anything in that regard. I just see a continuing stream of people who have the same poor experiences with MCS.

Two words, Bill... do...something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,915 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
If I was an MR2OC vendor who underperformed at mechanical-- often -- like MCS and had no concept of proper customer service, I would LOVE a board like the MR2OC and owner Bill Strong because to a large degree you've got a license to offer up shoddy work and basically steal from people. You read about the same things over and over again,

yet where are the reprecussions for this company...?

What, are there not enough customers who have expressed their terrible MCS experiences...?

Is there not enough of a negative pattern here to warrant some corrective action by Bill Strong...?

You tell us, Bill. How bad does a company have to perform before you will step in and take corrective action to protect the members who make up your MR2OC board...?

If I've missed some thread indicating that MCS has in fact had to endure some reprecussions by Bill, then please excuse this post as I would be mistaken here. But I don't recall seeing anything in that regard. I just see a continuing stream of people who have the same poor experiences with MCS.

Two words, Bill... do...something.
Yeah I'm at a loss as to how they are still a vendor. I have been preaching for a year at how ______ Shaun and his joke of a company is yet nothing happens. However on the flip side where EMSPowered gets behind on orders they are immediately slapped witha ban and stripped of a vendor status however Baktash made good and then some on all orders and has revamped everything. Baktash never tried to cheat anyone and usually sent a ton of free things to the customers who were waiting on parts to make up for the wait or refunded their money etc. Baktash's orders were under $100 etc too whereas MCS's are upwards of a $1000 and well over in some cases There was nothing ever shady by Baktash (EMSPowered) unlike MCS constantly lying about parts shipment, shoddy work, etc. They never take blame for engine build errors when it's clearly their fault. Instead they try and place it on the customer and belittle them.

Something fishy is going on IMO and many many others agree. MCS sucks, never do business with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
MR2 Josh said:
Yeah I'm at a loss as to how they are still a vendor. I have been preaching for a year at how ______ Shaun and his joke of a company is yet nothing happens. However on the flip side where EMSPowered gets behind on orders they are immediately slapped witha ban and stripped of a vendor status however Baktash made good and then some on all orders and has revamped everything. Baktash never tried to cheat anyone and usually sent a ton of free things to the customers who were waiting on parts to make up for the wait or refunded their money etc. Baktash's orders were under $100 etc too whereas MCS's are upwards of a $1000 and well over in some cases There was nothing ever shady by Baktash (EMSPowered) unlike MCS constantly lying about parts shipment, shoddy work, etc. They never take blame for engine build errors when it's clearly their fault. Instead they try and place it on the customer and belittle them.

Something fishy is going on IMO and many many others agree. MCS sucks, never do business with them.
Whole-heartedly agree with you that there is just no comparison between the EMSPowered situation and the ongoing MCS debacle. Baktash is a solid vendor who just grew too quickly and became overwhelmed and did not have the support system in place to handle everything. There was also never any belittling of the customer or blaming the customer for EMS errors. When an item was delayed or a problem occured with an order I made, it was always corrected rather promptly and extra items often were thrown in as freebies to express appreciation for the business and my patience. A beautiful pair of free MKII mirror-polished fuse box covers certainly let me know that Baktash valued his customer-base and wanted to ensure that I continued to be his customer.

The sheer dollar amount on problematic outstanding MCS customer orders is just staggering. Forget small claim court cases/limits, many of these cases if taken to court would fall under civil Superior Court jurisdiction.

As someone who supports this community and these MR2OC vendors with my business, I would once again ask you, Bill Strong, to finally step-up and step-in and take action!

It's high time that you hold MCS accountable for their actions, or lack thereof, and show this membership that you support THE MEMBERSHIP and our best interests and welfare... not MCS's.

Since we are not allowed to chime in on Bill's official "MCS Problem Thread" unless we personally have an outstanding issue with MCS, I encourage EVERYONE who believes as I do -- that MCS must be eliminated as a vendor on this board, or at the very least, severely restricted in their ability to solicit business from the MR2OC board -- I encourage you all to post in this thread and request that Bill Strong take action against MCS.
 

·
Don't mess with Texas
Joined
·
19,880 Posts
It was said that MCS's Vendor Contact was going to expire at the end of the year and it would be reevaluated at that time. Wounder what the verdit was on that, i have not seen anything about it since.
 

·
The Flying Dutchman
Joined
·
133 Posts
As an international buyer i'm not sure what to do at this point, ordered a full bodykit, wideband kit and some rear control arms now with shipping it cost me over 4k usd..
Order placed: Januari 2009, note that all the parts are at this very moment ready for immediate shipment, correction since late March 2009!! I can make a full write up of all this but it will take some time and i'm not sure if it's worth it..

Where i'm at now is that I haven't heared anything from Shaun since Christmas, in previous emails stated that everything has been shipped but A: that was in November 2009 and B: Once shipped (depending which shipping broker) it should arrive within days not months. I know this because I called the shipping company and they had no records at all of a shipment leaving from Las Cruces to my adres!!

I really don't understand that if you have these parts laying at the shop for months now, why it is so _____ hard to ship it all out!!

I actually want a refund if things won't get sorted asap, Shaun knows this but it's seems he doesn't care!! Really fustrating!!
 

·
Don't mess with Texas
Joined
·
19,880 Posts
I also agree with the above posts. EMS's problems were a fraction of what i am reading about MCS. Once again never having delt with MCS i am not judging them personally i just just going off of what i have read.

From just what i have read MCS has MANY times the dollar amount in limbo over EMS. Orders also take longer to be filled then EMS. Yet EMS was ripped apart on a regular basis for in comparison little issues and MCS does not even get there hand slapped? I just find that strange.

Now i very well could be missing somthing seeing as i have not done buissness with them personally, if so i would really like for that to be pointed out to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Texas_Ace said:
It was said that MCS's Vendor Contact was going to expire at the end of the year and it would be reevaluated at that time. Wounder what the verdit was on that, i have not seen anything about it since.
That reevaluation should be one of the biggest no-brainers of all time. But who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
Yeah, MCS Motorsports is a freakin joke, ESPECIALLY to its international customers. I got sold a bit of a lemon engine, with multiple issues and it wasn't even built to the spec I had specified/paid for. It took 10 months for this engine to arrive in the first place. I ordered it nov/dec 2006. Anyway, MCS were meant to make things right and get me the correct components. I'd already bought some items myself to replace stuff they'd ____ed up and didn't ask for any reimbursement. This came to a few hundred dollar worth of gear and alot of my time. Anyway, I sent MCS further cash around a year ago now to go towards some of the parts that I needed to build the engine to the spec I had originally specified. To this time, I am still missing these parts. I've been lied to over and over. I have crosschecked status with Pauter on rods that were meant to be manufacturered and they can confirm the order was never placed. Shaun blatantly told me to more or less piss off and initiate a charge back (because I had posted some of his 'private and confidential' ________ emails to me on the forum). Well, obviously he knows that that may or may not be a lost cause as the transaction was almost a year ago now.

Shaun also said that he has left MCS to some extent, anyone else get this story?

Anyway, I am pretty ____in over it. If I ever saw this mob in real life, things wouldn't be pretty.

Stop wasting my time and stealing my money MCS. Refund my money or come clean with the goods NOW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
he stole over $6000 from me, but i got it back via credit card dispute. and he called me names and lied etc etc etc and pretty much tried to flip it on me??? showed me pics of built engine etc ready to ship but always shipping issue blah blah blah same story as everyone else here, no point in telling the entire story. either way he tried to stick me for $6k and luckily my credit card company took care of it. Ive always wanted to voice my real opinion although i have been pretty quiet about it and just sit back and read all the horror stories i read on here. I am a business man, i run 3 business's including a wholesale aftermarket car parts business... and i would... NEVER lie to a customer. because then thats the last time they will buy from you. Shaun is a liar and a scumbag and has stolen tens of thousands of dollars from the mr2 community and also provided shotty build quality for the price and i think its disgusting. I feel really bad for those whom couldnt CC dispute to get their money back :( there is my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,888 Posts
The really bad situation is that people posted tons of threads about how terrible they were and people STILL ordered. I feel really bad for those folks, because they seem like lost causes now.

I really hope it all works out, and please, don't give your hard earned money to such a joke of a company.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,988 Posts
MR83 said:
As an international buyer i'm not sure what to do at this point, ordered a full bodykit, wideband kit and some rear control arms now with shipping it cost me over 4k usd..
Order placed: Januari 2009, note that all the parts are at this very moment ready for immediate shipment, correction since late March 2009!! I can make a full write up of all this but it will take some time and i'm not sure if it's worth it..

Where i'm at now is that I haven't heared anything from Shaun since Christmas, in previous emails stated that everything has been shipped but A: that was in November 2009 and B: Once shipped (depending which shipping broker) it should arrive within days not months. I know this because I called the shipping company and they had no records at all of a shipment leaving from Las Cruces to my adres!!

I really don't understand that if you have these parts laying at the shop for months now, why it is so _____ hard to ship it all out!!

I actually want a refund if things won't get sorted asap, Shaun knows this but it's seems he doesn't care!! Really fustrating!!
They never shipped you those Phoenix Power Rear bars? Man that sucks. That was a too good of a price for them. I knew something had to be going on when they started selling parts at firesale prices. This is always a worry when dealing with small specialty businesses since they are not super profitable in the 1st place. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck everyone has had with them. I've bought several items from them years ago with no problems. Sorry guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
iburnslabs said:
he stole over $6000 from me, but i got it back via credit card dispute. and he called me names and lied etc etc etc and pretty much tried to flip it on me??? showed me pics of built engine etc ready to ship but always shipping issue blah blah blah same story as everyone else here, no point in telling the entire story. either way he tried to stick me for $6k and luckily my credit card company took care of it. Ive always wanted to voice my real opinion although i have been pretty quiet about it and just sit back and read all the horror stories i read on here. I am a business man, i run 3 business's including a wholesale aftermarket car parts business... and i would... NEVER lie to a customer. because then thats the last time they will buy from you. Shaun is a liar and a scumbag and has stolen tens of thousands of dollars from the mr2 community and also provided shotty build quality for the price and i think its disgusting. I feel really bad for those whom couldnt CC dispute to get their money back :( there is my .02
It is one thing for Bill Strong to essentially say "buyer beware" and "transact business at your own risk on the MR2OC" when said business occurs between individual MR2OC members, that I can totally understand. However, when you have sanctioned business personally chosen by Bill Strong to solicit business to the MR2OC membership, there should be some very simple and basic uniform performance requirements of those vendors. These are businesses. And if any of these businesses that are chosen by Bill are not providing goods or services as promised to customers, or are consistently underperforming in a manner which had become detrimental to the MR2OC membership, then those vendors should be O-U-T!

Bill, I understand you have "contracts" with your vendors. Those contracts should have requirements in them. And even if they have not to date been drafted with requirements, there are still IMPLIED requirements within business contracts such as, i.e., you may not steal from my membership, you must provide goods and services in a reasonable timely manner to my membership. (Uh, not having a motor after a year is abhorent, regardless of ANY extenuating circumstances.)

If I were you, I would not be so concerned with honoring the contract term with a bad company like MCS. I would be concerned with the number of high dollar amount transactions between MR2OC members and MCS which have left the members with shrunken bank accounts and no goods, or the wrong goods, or goods of shoddy, inferior quality that are not usable without replacement or additional work.

Bill, if you continue to do nothing to stop MCS, then I for one contend that you, without question, shoulder some degree of complicity in MCS's ongoing, unprofessional and unacceptable business practices as shown to countless MR2OC customers. Like everybody else here, you have been aware of MCS's pattern and practice, yet you, the boss, do nothing to stem the tide. You do nothing to protect future customers from MCS.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,988 Posts
pfunkbooster said:
It is one thing for Bill Strong to essentially say "buyer beware" and "transact business at your own risk on the MR2OC" when said business occurs between individual MR2OC members, that I can totally understand. However, when you have sanctioned business personally chosen by Bill Strong to solicit business to the MR2OC membership, there should be some very simple and basic uniform performance requirements of those vendors. These are businesses. And if any of these businesses that are chosen by Bill are not providing goods or services as promised to customers, or are consistently underperforming in a manner which had become detrimental to the MR2OC membership, then those vendors should be O-U-T!

Bill, I understand you have "contracts" with your vendors. Those contracts should have requirements in them. And even if they have not to date been drafted with requirements, there are still IMPLIED requirements within business contracts such as, i.e., you may not steal from my membership, you must provide goods and services in a reasonable timely manner to my membership. (Uh, not having a motor after a year is abhorent, regardless of ANY extenuating circumstances.)

If I were you, I would not be so concerned with honoring the contract term with a bad company like MCS. I would be concerned with the number of high dollar amount transactions between MR2OC members and MCS which have left the members with shrunken bank accounts and no goods, or the wrong goods, or goods of shoddy, inferior quality that are not usable without replacement or additional work.

Bill, if you continue to do nothing to stop MCS, then I for one contend that you, without question, shoulder some degree of complicity in MCS's ongoing, unprofessional and unacceptable business practices as shown to countless MR2OC customers. Like everybody else here, you have been aware of MCS's pattern and practice, yet you, the boss, do nothing to stem the tide. You do nothing to protect future customers from MCS.
Are you serious? You've got alot of nerve. I highly doubt Bill is making huge money of the advertisers on this board. Do you actually think he audits their financial position? You think he should assume liability for an advertisers actions? I guess the newspaper should assume liability for all their advertisers as well? He's not the law enforcement. He's not responsible for business transactions that occur on and off this board. He is paid to allow others to advertise on the board that's it. Advertising space. If he digs into situation trying to help people resolve issues and problems from time to time then that is more than enough. We are all adults here. Handle your finances and deal with people how you wish. If someone isn't trustworthy then so be it, but I don't see how any of this is Bill's fault. If you want to complain then call MCS since the problems are theirs and their customers but not Bill Strong's. I suggest you stop pointing the finger at someone who does enough for FREE already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
I believe what pfunkbooster was getting at was that Bill has acted in the past, over far smaller amounts of money, and not now. The age old problem, is that once you do such twice, people almost expect it to happen every time. I never saw at any point where the poster spoke of the income Bill gets from vendors. Hell, the poster is a gold member, which, I believe, means he also pays Bill for something we take for granted.

Its all easy to take a standpoint, when it isn't your thousands of dollars down the drain. I was one of the first 5 customers of MCS on this forum. They appeared good, and were very helpful, until they got my cash. I've had headaches for the 3 years proceeding.
 

·
The Flying Dutchman
Joined
·
133 Posts
47mr2's said:
They never shipped you those Phoenix Power Rear bars? Man that sucks. That was a too good of a price for them. I knew something had to be going on when they started selling parts at firesale prices. This is always a worry when dealing with small specialty businesses since they are not super profitable in the 1st place. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck everyone has had with them. I've bought several items from them years ago with no problems. Sorry guys!
Shaun and I agreed to put PP rear bars and the wideband kit in the boxes of the bodykit to keep the shipping costs down.

I also took actions into my own hands and had a shipping broker sent over to pick up the boxes, it went all well till I got a call from the shipping broker that the driver was at the shop but didn't get anything from MCS and that if I want my parts Shaun should make an appointment with them for pick up. I emailed Shaun and he said that they were asking to much money for it and he would find me another company who could ship it cheaper. Well he did but it would cost me a bit more than what I already paid him. So after I paid him for the additional shipping costs I thought it wouldn't take long now. How could I be so naive!! :banghead:
That was also the last time i'm sending MCS money period!!

It doen't matter what you do it seems they will disappoint you everytime :mad:

Would be nice if Shaun responded in this thread and explain us a few things!!
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top