MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people using the BMW v12, is the M120 from MB a possibility? Any specific transaxle required like the short audi or anything like a G50? I contracted to have an LS4 swap done, but it looks like that deal is falling through to my great disappointment.
The only potential upside to this is that I always loved the sound of the M120 with equal length headers, and if there was any way to put that motor in the MR2 it would make my day.
If not, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these guys will finish my LS4. I suppose ITB's and 180 degree headers will sound nice and exotic still, while still reaping all the other huge benefits of the LS family of engines.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
The MR2 engine bay is the largest engine bay of any car once you cut out the trunk. it's 55" long and about 42" wide. the only issue is that the rear wheels are aligned with about the middle of the engine bay. i don't have a good picture of it, but this is what i do have:

Combined with something like the Audi transaxle with the differential in front of the clutch and everything packages nicely:

That picture is the automated manual version, but there's a fully manual version of that transaxle. i just forget the code at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts