MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was able to come across a gem of a shell for $400 only problem is that it’s automatic so as the title says I would love to swap it and also add a turbo engine. I have a friend who’s a full on mechanic and he said he can to the engine swap no problem but has never done a manual swap can anyone offer any tips for such a job? As far as what we would need and any tips I know there’s some wiring stuff needed, obviously pedals and the other mechanical things. But any major tips for us?

·
6,156 Posts
Have a manual donor car for the swap, at this point conversion parts will nickel and dime you to death. You can use either S54 (NA) or e153 (turbo) transmissions for the swap heck you might even have better luck finding a wrecked turbo car to swap everything into the clean auto chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a manual donor car for the swap, at this point conversion parts will nickel and dime you to death. You can use either S54 (NA) or e153 (turbo) transmissions for the swap heck you might even have better luck finding a wrecked turbo car to swap everything into the clean auto chassis.
That’s a great simple idea I did not think of ahaha

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Fortunately the chassis' are all the same, so you just need to find the parts and bolt them in. For electronics, you just have to jump the connector at the shifter so it thinks that it is always in neutral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts