MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my totally stock 93 turbo just took a trip in to an other car. So now I have no idea what it would be worth. It was a frontal impact, and I am sure that the frame is bent, but the interior and motor seem to be in very good condition. The car had only 99,000 miles and was never moded. I don?t have major mechanical know how, and I did not have insurance coverage on the car itself. So my real question is how can I get as much money out of the car as possible.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I believe you will get more out of it by parting it out. otherwise, you'd be lucky to see $1000 total. Parting it could net you as much as 3-4K or more depending on what mods you have on it. The brakes and suspension components alone are worth 1K or so.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, on the other hand, you can more money parting it out, and I'm looking for door panels, and the brackets that hold the Foglights for my 93t. Too bad you are in FL, I'm in need of a whole car because my 93t lacks an engine and tranny :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am located in Boca Raton. The car is currently at the tow company (the accident was yesterday), and am going too be charged 20 dollars a day for storage. The guy told me he would give me $200 dollars to make it disappear. I am not an experienced mechanic so I would have trouble extracting the motor. I would like to sell someone the entire car. But i could find someone to help me part it out.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
damn, it's the right car for me, why does it have to be so far. :(

erice303--- You should at least get out of that yard and have it towed somewhere safe, I bet someone from FL will take it off your hands.

BTW-- taking the car apart is not that hard, just do it one piece at the time.

I'm really interested insome parts, if you are willing to part it out.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Put a For sale post in the Mr2s for sale section. Im positive someone will buy the car. Just doing some quick figuring in my head

rear clip 2800 with LSD
wheels 300 without tires
front brakes(with rear more $) 100
full leather interior 500?

so right there thats an easy 4k dollars in your pocket.

Do NOT take that guys 200 dollars- you would be a fool to.

Either try to get 4k for the car as is or part it out and make roughly the same price. You could probably make more parting it out.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm checking as I type for rates to have that car shipped to Cali...

I probably won't have an answer until Monday, but I will definetly get back to you on that.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
dude if you part it...im interested in your drivers side seat....as long as its off a TURBO MR2, its NOT leather, and NO rips...pics of it to [email protected] and shipping costs to MD.

·
Registered
824 Posts
-I agree with Hlugo, definitely just do whatever you can to get it out of that towyard, to somewhere that it's not adding up storage.
-Can you tow it to your residence? Put a cover over it for a few weeks to buy yourself some time at you residence, if you have too. The little money you spend up front to get it out of the towyard, will easily come back to you by selling the car to someone who know s, or gives a damn about it.

·
Garage heated by 3SGTE
1,855 Posts
I agree that you could make about $4k or so parting it out, but that is an involved process that will take a lot of your spare time. You need to be able to pull all of the parts yourself, market them constantly on the internet and run back and forth to the shipping company daily. I parted a 93t and did okay, but it gets old real quick if you don't enjoy doing it. I'll tell you one thing, you will be hounded for about 6 months just from what you've already posted. Folks are ravenous for 93t parts. You should not expect to get as much for it in total as you could parting it out, but you'll still get about half to 2/3 as much. You just have to decide what your time is worth.

That said, I'll go ahead and thrown my hat in the ring. :D I have cash and could come get the car next weekend if you're interested. I have a flatbed trailer.

Email me if you're interested. Good luck either way.

Thanks,

Tyler H.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I did that same mistake. My first accident I wasn't sure what was going on. A tow truck just came and took my car away to Idon'tknowwhere. I was all shook up. Then I found out it was just sitting in a junk yard and when I got there to check it out, money and some of my belongings had been taken. What aggravated me even more is that I'm paying for AAA for situations like this and I could have avoided it if I was fully conscience.

Get it out asap and keep an eye on it while it's there. These places can be shady. Sorry to hear about the loss, and I wish you the best with squeezing money out of the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got my car back. Guess what I wound out about mr2s they weigh over 10,000 lbs, and they take over 1 ? hours to get on to a flat bed truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts