MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here are some pic of the M3 mirror on my car.
I'm still going to get them painted to the color of my car and the I'll post more pic of them painted and both of them on my car :) more pic below.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
i say leave it like that. dont paint it. I like the way it accents the rest of the black on the car. Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
More pics! How bout on from the side.... so you can see the whole car, and then a better 3/4 shot, from further back.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i like those, i say keep them like that

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HalfSpec said:
Bigwolf... Have you driven anywhere with the mirror installed? I heard that the mirrors are pretty light and there might be some problems with vibration. Any comments?

Thanks
Lane
No I have'nt driven with them yet I just put them on to see if it fit and see what they look like on the car plus they where already toking apart so I can have them painted.they are light but they fill very sturdy.When I have them completley done I'll let everybody know whats up. :thumbup

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lyle Beach said:
More pics! How bout on from the side.... so you can see the whole car, and then a better 3/4 shot, from further back.
Sorry I've already took them off to have them painted.But I'll have more pic of them when I put them back on. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i say leave the m3 mirrors to the m3... i think it looks terrible, can no one else see that the things are all jacked up

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
KAMAKAZE said:
i say leave the m3 mirrors to the m3... i think it looks terrible, can no one else see that the things are all jacked up
yeah lets not modify anything on our cars so they can all look the same, that would be cool! :rolleyes: These arent my style, to be honest I thought they would look terrible but they are a lot better then I thought. cant wait to see them painted!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i like how it looks...are u still gonna be able to keep the power mirror functions??.....how much did u pay for the mirrors and where did u get them from??.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MRQturbo said:
i like how it looks...are u still gonna be able to keep the power mirror functions??.....how much did u pay for the mirrors and where did u get them from??.....
Yes I still get to keep the power mirror functions.
I got them on ebay for $50 plus shipping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Damn i am, looks good to me, i think i'm gonna get a pair, thank you for putting up the money and time to see way they look like

·
Resistance Is Futile
1,479 Posts
Thanks for the answer bigwolf. Please let us know how things go. Also, when you get down to prepping the mirrors, let us know how hard to faux carbon fiber film is to remove. I'm curious to know if there is an easy way to remove the stuff, or if you just have to sand through it.

Thanks!
Lane

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I would just scuff and shoot it. Why would you strip it off.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Yeah, super clean. Thanks for sharing.
on ebay, they says it is made of ABS plastic, so scuff and shoot it should get the job done.
What led is it using? how did you take it apart? i think we should better off swap some amble led in it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
eh?

Looks good!

I'd never sacrifice the ability of my mirrors to fold in, but if it didn't matter, i'd definately consider these.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts