MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Anyone know of this body shop in El Monte?

Hows their work? Ready to bring my car in for new paint.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
Where is El Monte?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yes.... that's very true that shop was used in a couple of Overhaulin episodes. How much is it going to cost you by the way?

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
not yet bro I'm waiting on the sunshade and radiator relocation kit(from japan)...I want to get everything done in one shot! Have you seen the tomg fenders yet?...when those come out I'll be purchasing one of those baby:)

btw, I'm in the same boat as you on trying to find a good bodyshop that does fitment and paint...But when I uesd to work for Toyota I used to deliever to a shop named Pan's coach(he does classic show cars! very helpful old guys) by seng heng supermarket across the street from nazarine church....and another shop named COLORWORLD charged me 1200 for everything and that includes ding and paint to fix (A friend with a classic 69 Camaro...referred to to this guy)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Have you seen the tomg fenders yet?...

3sgtemr2t. I've been looking for those for like four months. do you know where I can find a picture

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
guys.. Yes I have the pictures!:) they are regular stock fenders with the increase of 20mm or 1in for bigger wheels and fatter tires!:) Tom said once he works out a deal with his buddy he will start selling them....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3sgtemr2t said:
guys.. Yes I have the pictures!:) they are regular stock fenders with the increase of 20mm or 1in for bigger wheels and fatter tires!:) Tom said once he works out a deal with his buddy he will start selling them....
how are you going to balance it out for the rear?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyway, i stopped by M1 today for a quote and it's not that bad

my car is currently black: here are the quotes

keep black, body parts removed for paint, greddy front/rear lips, border sides, 98 spec wing-----$2500-3000

color change (under hood, engine bay, trunk etc...)----$4500

IMO-price is reasonable for a quality paint job

however, i'm going with M.O.B.Work-quoted me $2300 for black

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3sgtemr2t said:
not yet bro I'm waiting on the sunshade and radiator relocation kit(from japan)...I want to get everything done in one shot! Have you seen the tomg fenders yet?...when those come out I'll be purchasing one of those baby:)

btw, I'm in the same boat as you on trying to find a good bodyshop that does fitment and paint...But when I uesd to work for Toyota I used to deliever to a shop named Pan's coach(he does classic show cars! very helpful old guys) by seng heng supermarket across the street from nazarine church....and another shop named COLORWORLD charged me 1200 for everything and that includes ding and paint to fix (A friend with a classic 69 Camaro...referred to to this guy)
$1200!!!!

go get it done now and show me, I wouldn't mind paying $1200

it's not a wrap and spray??

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
yeah this was hook up price...I always see so much car there though....and I'll have to wait..It's location is @ anahiem and atlantic "COLORWORLD" nope wrap and spray
1. dings and dents
2. same color or my own but has to be white:)
3. They did a pretty good job with my friends 69 camaro and his daily driver 87 corolla:)
4. I'm going to have to drop by again to see if they do bodykits though:(

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn thats a good price

i have $3000 saved for a paint job next month, already dropped $1500 on wheels, still need tires too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts