MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume I can't use the stock lugnuts for my new soon-to-arrive Motegi MR131 Tracklite's (17x7/17x8 for a '91T). What should I get? Black wheels on a white car, FYI.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Correct, the stock lug nuts use a flat washer. Pretty much all aftermarket wheels use a cone shape instead of a flat washer. You can find lugs like this pretty much anywhere. You can find some cheapies at any local parts store, but if you want to get a little fancier there are tons of aftermarket companies that sell them in many different shapes and colors. Gorilla, Project kics, Muteki, Work, Rays, Blox, etc. You will have to take a look around and see what you like. You can have open or closed ends, spline drives, various locking versions, caps etc.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I just ordered some for my new (to me) SSRs, 'tuner' lugnuts is what you'll likely have to get.
Lots of options, like said above. Just get what you think you want.
I just got a set of spline drive, closed-ended lugnuts. Nothing fancy. Might, later go back and get open ended, but who knows.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I presume I can't use the stock lugnuts for my new soon-to-arrive Motegi MR131 Tracklite's (17x7/17x8 for a '91T). What should I get? Black wheels on a white car, FYI.
Thanks!
Did you order from Tirerack? Because they send you the correct lugnuts. I ordered those exact wheels some time ago and my installer had no trouble mounting them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts