MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good job! It looks like a ton of work but keeping looking towards the final product.
Keep posting updates on here and youtube.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys! yes, this is a ton of work. I was looking for a long term build that would keep me busy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another issue i faced was shortening the overall length of the V8. To do this, I removed the water pump and built a narrow manifold to flow water in and out. I will use a remote electric water pump to flow coolant. Also, I am using a corvette harmonic balancer (its short) and only running an alternator off this pully. Here is a pic. The engine was also re wired to run as a stand alone system and i later flpped the intake manifold to suck in from the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's weird, I came across your videos on YouTube a few days ago and then later that same night you posted here. Looking like a crazy build, how much does that cross member weigh?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So now it is time to address the subframe issue. the OEM one interferes with the bottom of the porsche transaxle so it is time to build one from scratch. I used the oem frame to build a jig which created mounting positions to the frame and suspension points (4). Then I connected these points with tube steel and plate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are some pictures of the shifter install. The shifter is from a boxster S and sits up way to high. I had to cut some of the MR2 floor out as well as shorten and lift up the cable mounts to tuck everything in. It may still be to hide under the center console trim (which i do not have for test fitment. It does shift awesome though.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The horsepower is not the issue. They only recommend 300 ft lb of torque. The good news is people are using this trans with a LS3 crate motor putting out 375 ft lbs with no issue other than breaking drive shafts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts