MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I lowered my car with 2 other board members, we did kyb agx inserts, tein stech springs, and H&T sway bar endlinks, everything is great except when I turn about every 1/4-1/2 turn you here a clunk from under the car somewhere. We didnt do anything with the steering so I am not sure what is making the noise..

Any guesses or ideas?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you are hearing clunking, something isn't tightened down right. The best thing to do would be to go back over eveything and re-torqe everything you touched back to BGB spec. That also should include the top nuts on the the new dampers you installed; those nuts have a long history of needing to be re-torqued on a regular basis if you don't use threadlock.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at it in shop class and got it figured out.

The pillow ball mounts or whatever they are called were really rusted but had to be used for the time being, and they werent spinning so my springs were spinning on the bottom of where they rest. I just ordered new parts though so its all good!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Had that problem. The spring perch is not set properly. It has a notch that needs to be aligned a certain way, and it tends to move when the gland nut is tightened. It's a Toyota thing. There's a couple extensive threads around here about it - try searching for "spring perch" or something. I had a guy re-do my fronts the right way and it went away.

Buy My Deuce! :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts