MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I've decided that I'm going to try and pull mid 14's on with my 87' mr2 (and turbo if that's not good enough) Here's the current set up I'm looking at, I'd just like some feedback on if you guys would consider this good enough...

JDM 4agze (from an ae92)
C-52 transmission (from the NA)
Intake (AFM mod)
2.5" Exhaust
Headers
Spec Stage 2 Clutch
Short Shifter
15" Wheels with toyo proxies

To me it seems to be cutting it a little close but I'd like to give the car an overall balance (I'm fully building suspension as well), what do you guys think? Will I have to throw in cams as well? Any help would be great guys, thanks =)

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
ok with that setup with the NA tranny you are looking at high 14's if you do not break the tranny or axles. If you get a bigger pulley (HKS, NEVO, EL) you will definately be in the mid 14's if you are a decent drag racer. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi,

I've hit [email protected] with the ae101 4agze(165hp motor) exhaust and intake on generic 15" tires. This was my first time at the track, it's all about the launch. The ae101 4agze pulls much stronger than the usdm 4agze. You will notice a little more punch to redline from driving a US spec 4agze vs ae101 gze.

Ron

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yai 2010 said:
Hi,

I've hit [email protected] with the ae101 4agze(165hp motor) exhaust and intake on generic 15" tires. This was my first time at the track, it's all about the launch. The ae101 4agze pulls much stronger than the usdm 4agze. You will notice a little more punch to redline from driving a US spec 4agze vs ae101 gze.

Ron
What was your 60ft time? Did you have aftermarket headers? Stock
e-51tranny? That's a really impressive time!

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I pulled a 14.5 @ 92mph with a stock 4AGZE (145hp) version with an exhaust, intake and HKS Pulley. My best to date is a 13.6 @ 98mph.
My 60' on the 14.5 was a 2.0 and on the 13.6 was a 1.9

My best 60' to date is a 1.7 though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
mr2d2 said:
What was your 60ft time? Did you have aftermarket headers? Stock
e-51tranny? That's a really impressive time!
No aftermarket headers and stock sc tranny. My 60' time was horrible as it was my first time at the track with some real bad tires, though this seems to be the excuse for alot of drivers..haha. But it didn't help when all your four tire brands were different!
the car has run numerous 14.8's and 14 7's. One time I miss shifted real bad and the car still ran a 15.3. I Can't complain about performance fora daily driver that I've had for 5 years.

[email protected]

Though drag racing isn't my hobbie, I believe with an lsd and some good tires, the 60' will come down alot.

One thing that I would also suggest is chaning your fuel filter. This little job ended up bringing the car back to life in the lower rpm's where it was so sluggish. I will make a trip back to the track when I get my sc'er pulley on.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts