MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you buy the piece of trim that goes below the headlight. It is sitting on the bumper. Mine are all cracked up.

·
Shadetree mechanic
2,499 Posts
Some people refer to those things as "eyebrows" You can still order them from your Toyota dealer but they are expensive. You can search the junk yards for a pair or post a request in the MKI parts wanted section of the for sale forum. Make sure you post whatcolor you are looking for.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are the eyebrows referred to as "protectors" on the partznet catalog? Go to the droplist for front lamps and there are two parts (left and right) called "protectors." The illustration isn't really clear, but I think that's them... anyone know for sure?

tasteycow

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Not sure. Either do a search on the board for eyebrows and see if a number shows up. Or run down to your favorite toyota dealers parts department. Make them spend 20 minutes looking up the part number for you. Make sure you get the part number before you leave. partznet will accept toyota part numbers. Or call Bill or Todd at conicelli(partznet) and tell them what you need.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are the guys at partznet pretty familiar with our cars? I get the feeling that a dealer parts department would be an exercise in frustration.

tasteycow

·
Registered
638 Posts
tasteycow said:
Are the eyebrows referred to as "protectors" on the partznet catalog? Go to the droplist for front lamps and there are two parts (left and right) called "protectors." The illustration isn't really clear, but I think that's them... anyone know for sure?

tasteycow
I think you're right. The protectors seem to be the eyebrows. They are really hard to find in good used condition. I've been looking around for months and finally found someone willing to sell a passenger side one. Cost me 25 bucks with shipping. Just might bite the bullet and buy two new ones and be done with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts