MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have an MKI that they would mind letting go for some what cheap maybe a couple hundred dollars? i would like a good project car that can be fun and maybe become a DD. doesn't really have to run but would prefer even if it run's bad, that way i can get it to my house. :thumbup only thing i would really like is a good body with minimal rust and possibaly a hard top. might consider a t-top(how bad do MKI's leak?). if you could pm me or email at [email protected]

·
Registered
409 Posts
Man, get in line, i've been lookin for a MKI as a DD also lol, still no luck. i saw one on franklin blvd, but i'm sure it's gone now. that was almost 5 or 6 months ago

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, there's definately a line for such, I want one too. Since I'm the oldest that's posted so far do I get first choice? ;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I want one and my wife wants one as well. I'm dying to create an Mk 1.5 in Signal yellow . Would love you have a Trifecta of two's.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a Black 86 here in Charlotte that I would be willing to let go for $300. The body is pretty much rust free where it counts. The trunk floor is pretty rusted with some holes due to water getting in. You would probably want to replace the right front fender but it could be used. There was some previous damage right behind the drivers door that was repaired but it looks like they did not do a good job. The engine is locked up. Not sure why, but I think it because the PO left the spark plugs out for a year? I poured a quart of engine flush into the cylinders but it still will not turn after more than a month of soaking. The windshield is cracked as is the sunroof. The carpet is pretty worn on the drivers side and the driver seat has a hole on the side. Bumpers are pretty good. If anyone is interested I can send them some PICs. I have the front bumper off because I wanted the bumper support for my sons 86. So the bumper support that goes with this one is slightly bent and a little rusted. You would probably want to get another one. Send me an email if interested.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Shucks, I really need one that runs since I have no good place to work on it. The price is right anyway. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have a 88 solar yellow mr2 for sell , it has a BHG . mileage is 167K. its SC and manual drive ... i started taking the head off but i don't have alot time or money to continue and i hate to see it sit . i have taken all the head blots out. up to offers

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I am thinking of selling my 1.5. It is an 87 t-top, 5 speed. I will be at the Feb 18th meet. Take a look and see if you like it. If the price is right maby you can take it home.

"O-NO" I just opened a can of worms.

Brad.

ALLSHOTUP - Don't make one, just buy mine and paint it YELLOW. HAHA!!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
toyomr269 -- price and pics please to [email protected]

2muchfun -- have seen this car it is NICE! i wish i had the money to get this one but doubt it.(edit shoot me a price any way you never know when i might get lucy and actually have the money)

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
2muchfun said:
I am thinking of selling my 1.5. It is an 87 t-top, 5 speed. I will be at the Feb 18th meet. Take a look and see if you like it. If the price is right maby you can take it home.

"O-NO" I just opened a can of worms.

Brad.

ALLSHOTUP - Don't make one, just buy mine and paint it YELLOW. HAHA!!

Think you could pm me or email me with some info on the car and an approx price? [email protected]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I will post in the Carolina forum when I am ready. A few weeks an I'll be ready, but the price will be more than you'r ordinary MK1.

Thanks,
Brad.

mr.deux - Thanks. She was very rewarding to create.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts