MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to relive the past and find an aw11. Must be manual, would prefer t-tops and if I'm going to get crazy I would love an SC, but an NA would be good too. I'm patient, but summer is near and I want to be back in the driver seat! Thanks all!

·
Registered
1986 MK1.5
477 Posts
I don't have much information, but a younger guy in PDX has a very clean and unmodified 1986 Light Blue Metallic car for sale. He's posted and removed it several times from Portland Craigslist in the "auto parts" section for about $12,500. His youtube channel is Project Restore. I'm not too sure how bad he wants to sell it, but it seems to be the only lead on an AW11 in the PNW at the moment! Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have much information, but a younger guy in PDX has a very clean and unmodified 1986 Light Blue Metallic car for sale. He's posted and removed it several times from Portland Craigslist in the "auto parts" section for about $12,500. His youtube channel is Project Restore. I'm not too sure how bad he wants to sell it, but it seems to be the only lead on an AW11 in the PNW at the moment! Good luck!

I did see that one. Priced bit high for an na aw11 for my taste--though it is in immaculate condition so it's not completely out of place in my mind, but still too much for me.

Thank you though!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see another one on an app called Offer Up. Quite a bit cheaper, though an 86 with a sunroof. Blue again, too.

Saw that and immediately went after it. Seller either is a scam or just doesn’t want to sell because they won’t meet up. That’s the kind of luck I’ve been having. But thank you so much for sharing, I would definitely grab that beauty!

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,669 Posts
I am in MT and always watching, but there is nothing available around here currently. I will let you know if anything comes up since I already have the AW11 of my dreams.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in MT and always watching, but there is nothing available around here currently. I will let you know if anything comes up since I already have the AW11 of my dreams.
Very much appreciated! Tried to creep and see what you’ve got to no luck. What’s the dream?

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,669 Posts
For me, a clean 85 hardtop! Although I would prefer the GZE, it never came in the hardtop chassis, so it will have to be swapped in. Having owned a dozen or more AW11's, it is clear that the hardtop models seem "tighter" even with higher mileage. For that and a dozen other reasons the hardtop chassis is the way to go IMO, but to each his own. I have friends who think T-tops are irreplaceably cool. I would only ever take them off to clean or do work in the car's interior.

All of that said, I would love to find a nice 89 SC for cheap, perhaps in black, to park alongside the 85:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For me, a clean 85 hardtop! Although I would prefer the GZE, it never came in the hardtop chassis, so it will have to be swapped in. Having owned a dozen or more AW11's, it is clear that the hardtop models seem "tighter" even with higher mileage. For that and a dozen other reasons the hardtop chassis is the way to go IMO, but to each his own. I have friends who think T-tops are irreplaceably cool. I would only ever take them off to clean or do work in the car's interior.

All of that said, I would love to find a nice 89 SC for cheap, perhaps in black, to park alongside the 85:

View attachment 75333
She’s a beauty! I can’t wait to get back in one of these. I see your point about the tighter feel. I want the t top strictly for style and open air, plus I’m not racing around too hard these days, so I’m okay with any of the above. Also learning the subtle differences which I know almost nothing about.

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,669 Posts
The absolute coolest thing about the t-top cars (to me) is driving at night with the covers removed. On a mountain top under the stars on a clear night, it's like sitting/driving in a glass observatory. Definitely a unique experience- your lady friend will swoon hahaha . Note- I ruined this experience by tinting all of the windows. It just wasn't the same afterward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The absolute coolest thing about the t-top cars (to me) is driving at night with the covers removed. On a mountain top under the stars on a clear night, it's like sitting/driving in a glass observatory. Definitely a unique experience- your lady friend will swoon hahaha . Note- I ruined this experience by tinting all of the windows. It just wasn't the same afterward.
Haha, that’s pretty great image. If/when I get my hands on one, will most definitely do that!

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,669 Posts
Here you go @Abess it is in your neighborhood:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here you go @Abess it is in your neighborhood:

Thank you! Been keeping an eye on this and will definitely bid. I’m hoping the price doesnt go beyond what I can afford. This would be a great one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been looking to relive the past and find an aw11. Must be manual, would prefer t-tops and if I'm going to get crazy I would love an SC, but an NA would be good too. I'm patient, but summer is near and I want to be back in the driver seat! Thanks all!
Are you still looking? I have one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts