MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm looking forward to mod my mr2 turbo to 350rwhp. any suggestion would be highly appreciated. and also if any shop around california tat mod mr2 only. thank you..

·
MK. II RACING
4,335 Posts
Have always seen good stuff on the board here about ChicoRaceWorks, that would be a great start contacting them. Secondly hope you have the $$ (tycoon you will need to be--well almost), this goal is not going to be cheap. Friend of mine makes 327rwhp at 15psi boost and has atleast $15,000 in engine only ( see his stuff here http://msmr2.com/ericg.html ). Seeing your age and seeing that this is your first post... I must say WELCOME to the board! Everything you need to know is here. Secondly, I have to ask... Why do you need this much power?? Plan on racing?? If so, what kind of racing?? If autocross or track/road racing then you do not really need that kind of power. These cars are old and will need basic work done to "freshen" up the suspension too. If drag racing, what is your goal? 10 sec., 11sec, 12sec 1/4 miles times?? Whatever your goal make sure basic maintenance is taken care of FIRST! AND foremost, make sure, no matter what type of racing you need that power for, that you EDUCATE the nut behind the wheel. Taking driving classes and practicing on a track (drag or road course) is the BEST way to be proficient. Really, you will be surprised how FAST a 91-95 turbo can be with proper maintenace and a real good driver.

But, before you go modding look here ( http://mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm ). This power primer can help you define your power goals better and give you the proper path to follow. Long read but well worth it. And again don't forget the suspension, brakes, interior (seats, cage if needed) etc...

Again, WELCOME to the board and follow my suggestion of learning to DRIVE the car FIRST, and then start the modding, and you will do fine. For each individual mod (no matter how small a difference you think it makes) WILL change the driving characteristics of the MR2.

Daniel :thumbup

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
$100 - intake
$375 - exhaust
$650 - GReddy IC
$100 - 2 SPAL fans
$2100 - T3T4/TD06
$400 - water injection
$170 - 550 injectors
$500 - VPC
$275 - SAFC
$400 - Blitz DSBC
$700 - RMR intake manifold
$275 - AFPR and fittings/lines
$100 - new factory ignition pieces and some NGK plugs

$6145 - TOTAL .... 350 is possible with that.

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
^ i'd modify that a lil and say (i like round numbers by the way ;) haha)

100 intake
400 exhaust
500 berk IC
3150 ATS package tdo6 (maybe try and get a custom tune for race gas)
100 plugs and wires
100 fans

4300 or there about with a lil over 300 pump, and 340-350 whp on race. I believe 91turbongyuen (<- spelling's probably off) made about 360psi on romtune+race gas o na custom tune i believe. i think 22psi?

again both J&H and I are considering that you will be doing installs yourself...that's only for engine mind you. you'll still need a clutch, wider wheels/better tires and after all that whp, you still need to be able to stop the car, so factor in some brake work too, at the very least, napa rotors and some axxis or porterfields, if you plan on drag, also you'd want the ats cv joints too...so think twice, go max out the stock fuel and see if you wanna drop the extra money to go higher.

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
am i missing something, but the ats turbo+rom tune package come with new supra 550's...?

ATSAaron said:
Combo #1
ATS TD05 20G turbocharger kit
ATS 550cc rom tune
NEW Toyota 550cc fuel injectors (4)
ATS modified fuel rail
Walbro 255hp fuel pump
170 degree thermostat
total price purchased seperately: $3344.
ATS Combo Price: $2950 (+ $50 shipping inside US)
Total savings $394!

Thanks,

Aaron
then add $150 if you want the tdo6 instead of a tdo5

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
lol ... I was not aware of "everything" that came in that kit.

I am sitting corrected :D (would you prefer I stand?!)

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
haha, that's cool. you'll probably be correcting something i post 10x more often than me correcting you :smile:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Boz said:
^ i'd modify that a lil and say (i like round numbers by the way ;) haha)

100 intake
400 exhaust
500 berk IC
3150 ATS package tdo6 (maybe try and get a custom tune for race gas)
100 plugs and wires
100 fans

4300 or there about with a lil over 300 pump, and 340-350 whp on race. I believe 91turbongyuen (<- spelling's probably off) made about 360psi on romtune+race gas o na custom tune i believe. i think 22psi?

again both J&H and I are considering that you will be doing installs yourself...that's only for engine mind you. you'll still need a clutch, wider wheels/better tires and after all that whp, you still need to be able to stop the car, so factor in some brake work too, at the very least, napa rotors and some axxis or porterfields, if you plan on drag, also you'd want the ats cv joints too...so think twice, go max out the stock fuel and see if you wanna drop the extra money to go higher.

thats alot of psi, sorry i had to :angel:

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
whoops, yeah, 360whp. And 91turbonguyen did it at 21psi not the 22psi i posted earlier.

360ps would be like 350-355whp. very close, but not exact, so they're fairly interchangeable.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
tycoon, no swearing or talking about street racing on this board.
Your post has been edited.

·
Registered
651 Posts
my 3rd gen motor with intake, EBC, full exhaust makes about 325-350 BHP, and that's pretty average from my knowledge. This car puts a giant smile on my face with 200 bhp. :thumbup love my 2!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts