MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2001 Lexus IS300... E-Shift, Leather/Suede heated seats, 2JZ, 32k miles :smile:

·
Registered
972 Posts
IS 300s = drool

I'd take one if I had the cash.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Nice... I've always liked those cars. In a few years, I'd like to pick up a used one for a good looking daily driver. Of course, the stock suspension and the stock wheels will have to go! :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice car, but who's the 16-year-old kid standing next to it with the cheesy smile on his face?

Dan M. used to have an IS300 - sa-weet! I wanted one but when I was looking for a car (and got the WRX) I couldn't find a decent IS with decent miles for a decent price.

Adam, you lucky bastardo!!! Did you keep your MKI? Or are you selling it?

Tony

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
anonymousracer said:
Nice... I've always liked those cars. In a few years, I'd like to pick up a used one for a good looking daily driver. Of course, the stock suspension and the stock wheels will have to go! :D
Ya, I had one back in the day. Very fun car. The stock wheels are nice I thought. as far as the stock suspension goes, The stock suspension is really nice, its the tires that are crappy. WIth some better tires and a more aggressive alingment that car really wakes up on the turns. :)

Dan

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
YellowMKII91T said:
man i miss my is300 :(
I miss mine too, but when I wasn't working at the restaurant as much anymore and having to save up money for school the car became a really deep money pit draining my wallets anytime I even looked at the car. hehe

Dan

T

·
0 Posts
V8Eater said:
My 2001 Lexus IS300... E-Shift, Leather/Suede heated seats, 2JZ, 32k miles :smile:

I'll race you for pink slips I Have a 93 turbo.

he,he,

Nice car

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice car! I love red cars but I would buy a silver one too, gotta tint the windows:) I'm thinking about selling the GF's 00 Celica GTS for a IS300.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The nice thing about owning a Lexus is the way the dealership treats you. My car is a Certified Preowned vehicle so they give it a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. My car only has 32k miles on it, so 3 years will come first. I already tinted all the windows 20%, put in a K&N drop in filter, and ordered a factory spoiler for it. I took the car in today to get some minor things fixed on it. They gave me a $35k 2005 ES330 to cruise in for a few days. Normally I have a choice between the RX330 or ES330 whenever it is in for service... no ?'s asked. Also, the waiting room is amazing... you get Lexus bottled water, a restaurant style soda fountain, latte machine, fresh cookies, etc. Also, they have 4-5 plasma TV's in the waiting room so when they are servicing your car, you can watch a live feed to the service bay and they have cameras showing them working under your hood. :)

It is nice to have a warranty and a nice dependable car for once. I am sure one day I will get another fast car, but for now a dependable nice looking car is the most practical decision. Maybe one day I will get a newer car and then I can turbocharge the IS300 and make it into a 2JZGTE! :)

P.S. I think my MkI is sold! I still want to participate in the MR2 club if you will be gracious enough to let Toyota's big brother Lexus to join events. Also, what do you guys like more for my plate... LEXTASY or L8R G8R?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hey Adam, when you bought your car did they present you your car in that personal showroom? That had to be the best part about it. They open these doors and they said, "And here is your car". The lights turn on and some classical music plays in a carpeted room, with only your car, looks like a theater. It had to be the coolest part for me.. :)

Dan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, they did that for me too... put it in a "Presentation Room" had a gift package for me and then had some hottie come in and teach me everything about the car. Also, I love their slogan... "to your satisfaction". Whenever they fix anything they promise to live up to that no matter what.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
TRDCruizn said:
Nice car! I love red cars but I would buy a silver one too, gotta tint the windows:) I'm thinking about selling the GF's 00 Celica GTS for a IS300.

wait a asecond...i read your siggy and it says 88 SC-Red....but wasn't that Red SC that you were trying to sell me an 89?...either way, you'll take the $2000 we agreed upon, right?...and that includes the stereo system in it and the chrome wheels??...when did you want me to come pick it up?....sorry to stray off-topic

·
Registered
655 Posts
Tuna said:
wait a asecond...i read your siggy and it says 88 SC-Red....but wasn't that Red SC that you were trying to sell me an 89?...either way, you'll take the $2000 we agreed upon, right?...and that includes the stereo system in it and the chrome wheels??...when did you want me to come pick it up?....sorry to stray off-topic
Bryce, just to let you know most of the stereo and interior are in my garage.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Back ON topic ...

I bought my MR2 from the Lexus of Omaha dealership and, while they didn't have trumpets and bugles and midgets and hamsters and all that, they had a hottie drive up in it in a miniskirt, get out with long legs flashing and hand me the keys. I thought that was a nice touch and told the salesman so. He just laughed. Love Lexus.

So nobody told me yet. Who's the 16-year-old with the cheesy smile?

Oh and Adam - don't you know brotha? I'm in the market for an MKI! I didn't even know you were selling it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow you really think I look 16? I will take that as a complement! That means in a few years when I am 30 I will look like I am 20 and I can always date younger girls! :)

Yea, I put it up on the MR2 board when I got my IS300... I have a guy mailing me a deposit on it. I wish I would have known you were looking for one in advance! Sorry!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts