MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That came on my gze block. Just pulled the clutch off today. TRD.

Compression test read high, too. Got 200-215 across all cylinders, although I'm questioning the validity of my gauge. My n/a had about the same compression (stock pistons, no much carbon buildup). But even then, that'd put compression at around 180 and this is a distributor gze block. Makes me almost tempted to pull the head, but don't think I will this time around. Gotta swap the pan, so I'll see if I see anything from the underside.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
yeah..... i found the same thing in mine........ good luck trying to figure out the correct step on the flywheel for it.... the US .708" is NOT correct for the trd pressure plate and flywheel....... my car wouldn't move after i did that...... after repulling the tranny again, i had them reshave another .075" off of the step.... worked for me

but it's VERY hard to drive......and the pressure in the lines is giving my clutch master cylinder (brand new) leaking problems (hopefully fixed now)

i also found TRD motormounts on mine as well...... too bad they were for FWD setups, though.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if the flywheel is TRD. It feels like it might be a little lighter than my n/a flywheel, but if so, barely. Don't see any TRD markings on it either.

I don't plan on using it since I have a c-series tranny anyway, and I just bought a new clutch for that.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
would you be interested in selling it? Do you have SC axles by any chance?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Jakub said:
I'm not sure if the flywheel is TRD. It feels like it might be a little lighter than my n/a flywheel, but if so, barely. Don't see any TRD markings on it either.
The GZE has a lighter FW than the N/A.

I have handled both.

Marco

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
And, surprisingly, the 200mm flywheel is heavier than the 212mm flywheel. I have weighed both.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark, I did, I'll respond a bit later, but you have first dibs.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
just to forewarn anyone who wants it.... you do NOT want this clutch in a daily driven car....... it's pretty much an on/off switch..... i can't have my idle under 1700 otherwise when i try to take off (even when hitting the throttle) it will immediately die....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts