MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I have a set of FD rims (which used to be on my white MR2, before a moron totalled it) which had the H&R spacers and extended studs on it. Now when the car was wrecked it rolled off an embankment and (of course) messed up one of my hubs with the extended studs in it. That hub and everything is now trash. The spacers are fine, but I now need a set of longer spacers. Anyone know the best place to get em'?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
????

So does anyone know where I can get just the correct extended studs, or do I need to get a new H&R kit?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
AnthonyA182 said:
????

So does anyone know where I can get just the correct extended studs, or do I need to get a new H&R kit?

I just bought some 2" long studs from Jekyl 'n' Hyde. I know the Knurl is slightly larger and I will have to bore out the hub.... I can ask him what they are actually for.

I did some research myself and the studs for the Land Cruiser and 4 Runner are 4.5mm longer than stock, so if your running a 5mm spacer you"ll be right about where you started. I ran 5mm spacers on stock studs and never had an issue..What size spacer do you have?

Brad

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raising Arizona said:
You'll probably have to buy new H&R's... unless you can get crafty and find some other
i know. that sucks though :( the expensive part of the kit is the spacers themselves (which I don't even need lol) but if thats what I gotta do I guess I gotta do it.

Anyone know of the best place to order them from?

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Have you tried contacting H&R or one of their distributors to see about getting just replacement studs?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WyrmMaster said:
Have you tried contacting H&R or one of their distributors to see about getting just replacement studs?
no, but thats a pretty good idea (although I've read elsewhere that they just tell you that you have to buy the whole kit, but its worth a shot) thanks

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
AnthonyA182 said:
no, but thats a pretty good idea (although I've read elsewhere that they just tell you that you have to buy the whole kit, but its worth a shot) thanks

Good idea Wyrm Master..... I would check into that too.

15mm spacer huh? FD wheels are like +50mm offset? I'm also an RX-7 guy and I should know this... I have 17 x 10's on the back of a stock bodied FC TII...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jake said:
I would assume the ones for Toyota?
sorry, I thought that the toyota models had more variety than just 4 or 5 lug. But I guess not? I'm ordering a set now so I hope it works out....it says I'll have to use open end lug nuts. Can I get those at an autozone or a pep boys?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Pretty sure they're all the same. In fact, I just put in some on my 87 from a 2005 Camry - and they were identical.

Tell us how they work out. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find them at any local shop. I have open end ones that I got locally. Actually you can usually pop the cap off the cheapy universal acorn syle ones to make them open ended.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I contacted them and they said that the kurl on the rears are different. Fortunately I only need the fronts to work for my FD rims...I asked if the fronts would work but I'm waiting for him to get back to me....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I got ahold of them and this is their reply:

Hello,

The RWD cars use different threads all the way around. I think the wheel
bearings or brake rotors are what throws this out. I will have some in a
couple of months that will work perfect.

-----
so that sucks. Anyone else have any other ideas, or should I just bite the bullet and get the H&R kit?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts