MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
It doesn't look too bad from 5ft, but boy would that drive me crazy haha. Looks really good though on someone else's car haha. Also I can't judge since my lip is literally falling off and barely being held on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update! Got some rear 15 mil spacers with extended lugs from h&r, cost about $160 shipped. The install went smooth; only had to remove the calipers. Fitment is looking a lot better. I no longer have the rears tucking and front poking, they both poke now. I’m gonna get an alignment tomorrow to add a bit of camber to make it all seat good.
4A27AE32-D9B3-40BD-9C43-F762ABAB1AC8.jpeg

C09BDEAB-97D7-401F-92D9-97DC12D67492.jpeg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Another update! Just got an alignment. It costed me $125 here in Hawaii because I needed a recon allignment. Here’s my specs for anyone interested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Side skirts are mounted on now. It was a pain in my arse to do so. Required a lot of sanding and the skirts scratched off a fair bit of paint. Oh well, skirts are off to paint tomorrow!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looking good man! How much is it running you to get the sideskirts painted? I have a set of Tom's that I need done too

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Another update, I bought a set of camber bolts for the rear wheels because I got sick of the fender rubbing when I hit big bumps while driving. They were around $20 from twos r us. It had them set at a middle level of camber. My front coil overs came with camber plates so I just maxed those out. Due to the camber I was also able to drop the car over half an inch, thus slightly making my front and rear tires tuck in the fender. I’m predicting 3 degrees up front and 4 degrees in the rear based off of a protractor.
BAFF7410-6DCC-4864-B7D2-37179D65331D.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Update! The skirts got done with paint I love how they look. I’m not sure what to do next but I’m thinking an autopista spoiler and a grams styling carbon diffuser. Then onto the suspension rebuild.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A color matched front lip and a set of Greddy or Boarder rear spats would make all the difference in the world IMO. Otherwise so far so good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A color matched front lip and a set of Greddy or Boarder rear spats would make all the difference in the world IMO. Otherwise so far so good.
I plan on getting some border spats soon, but I don’t know if I agree with you on painting the lip. I actually just installed some diy side splitters that are also black and they add some black color flow back into the side skirts

·
Registered
87 Posts
your car man, dont let me or anyone dictate what you do lol. I agree the little splitters under the sides tie in the front pretty well.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts