MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any good local motor imports around SC/NC im looking for a Red Top 4age... the best price ive found is from CALI at $620 shipped

i was kind of hoping to find one for cheaper from either a local importer or private seller

sry if this has already been covered... i couldnt find the old post

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
have you called jarco yet? i dont know if they do the regular 4age, but they have great stuff. why dont you just rebuild the one you have though?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i might still.. but right now it has way to many miles on it and if i rebuilt it it would get a COMPLETE rebuild... so i figure that i can get another 4age for cheap i will

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so ghostrider is the only one with information about motors???

does anyone have any motors for sell??

·
Registered
554 Posts
You can try import auto salvage in Marion, they had a Beams motor at one time and didn't know it, that's also where i got my 93 turbo swap.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Maybe I can find one for you. I've run across a few recently. I can check if theyre still around. You are looking for the late redtop smallport, correct? Or the early 87.5-89 largeport MR2 redtop?
(828)776-GURU
Harry and Mindy
MR2 Guru

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
ryanMR2 said:
You can try import auto salvage in Marion, they had a Beams motor at one time and didn't know it, that's also where i got my 93 turbo swap.
I have bought tons of Honda/Toyota parts from those guys and have always received quality service and materials.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for all the help guys... hopefully if every thing everything goes right ill be purchasing a late smallport red top by the time my birthday comes along June 5th ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts