MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, anyone know of any local machine shops that could cut some pieces for me for relatively cheap? i'm not sure how much prototyping usually costs, but emachineshop.com is looking to be about $400 for just the prototypes (with parts coming in way cheaper for larger runs. it's essentially a 20mm thick steel plate milled to 10mm thick in a few areas, and approximately 45mm x 140mm. i still don't have the exact measurement for the caliper mounts on the uprights or the hole diameters.

i'm working on a brake upgrade for the 91T and need the caliper adapters machined. hopefully if it works it might be something worth selling on here, since it uses the stock 91T calipers and just uses bigger rotors. the idea is for it to be as good if not slightly better than the 93 brakes while being cheaper.

also, does anyone know if the aftermarket stainless lines are longer than the stockers at all? i may just have to order custom lines/adapters from pegasus. if anyone has the stock rubber lines lying around, how long are they, F&R? pegasus sells pre-made lines that may work.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you can try Kath Racing, its right off of 646 and rice st. its a auto parts and machine shop, i dont know the # but they're in the phone book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.