MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Did not catch the EP race.. was intrested in STL/STU as well as FP. There was some good racing this year. Like every other race there.. it is a HP track.

I know what top level RX-7s are making in EP.. what are the numbers we are seeing out of the LP 4AGE?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I missed the STU but saw the STL, EP AND FP races

The EP race was great with a charge to the front by a guy from the San Antonio area, I also wanted to see how the MR2 did but I hardly saw it.

The FP race was interesting with a hp demo put on by the 1.8 liter Acuras (I just assume they have 1.8 motors)

The 2nd place Miata's in car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en89rlR3U6o&feature=youtu.be

Davegt27

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Correct on the 1.8L. Ruck lost the transmission and started missing shifts.. the new motor in the Miata proved to be strong. However both Intergras make more.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not to bring up a long dead thread but...

The EP MR2 was me. That week totally sucked as far as performance of the car went. That was beginning of me having braking issues with the Hawk pads I was running and then I cracked the clutch line during the race.

Ended my race early.

Anyway... There was an MKI car being built for EP back in the mid 2000's. The guy building it passed away before he ever raced it. His wife was trying to sell it for like $25k at the time. I *think* he was from the midwest... Kansas or Missouri.

Anyone know what became of that car. I believe it was posted up on here at one point.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to bring up a long dead thread but...

The EP MR2 was me. That week totally sucked as far as performance of the car went. That was beginning of me having braking issues with the Hawk pads I was running and then I cracked the clutch line during the race.

Ended my race early.

Anyway... There was an MKI car being built for EP back in the mid 2000's. The guy building it passed away before he ever raced it. His wife was trying to sell it for like $25k at the time. I *think* he was from the midwest... Kansas or Missouri.

Anyone know what became of that car. I believe it was posted up on here at one point.
Try #3 seems this site does not like mobile tablets

Anyways I was in e-mail contact with her at one time on my .mil e-mail address
I did not have the heart to make an offer, it was such a tragedy
Was that your car for sale on the production car site?
Also a MKI MR2 won the HP race at COTA (F1 track) last month

1 - 6 of 6 Posts