MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i may have to replace some motor mounts soon, or want to anyway... what after market mounts are there? if any, how much? how hard are they to change? any suggestions, where can i get them???

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I just ordered some TRD 3SGE engine mounts off ebay for $250 (They should fit the 5S too). They also have 3SGTE TRD mounts from time to time, and they fit the 5S as well.

From what I hear, it isn't too difficult to change out the mounts.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
buy kirk mounts.

no offense, but i cant imagine why you'd spend 250 for another set of rubber mounts when you can have a set of polyurethane mounts that will last much longer for $50 :confused:

i have them installed and LOVE them, as does damn near everyone else who has them. its a great product. its incredibly streetable, and you dont really even notice the extra vibration at idle.. it seems silly to buy anything else when theres this great product available that will cure pretty much all worn mount issues.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
buy kirk mounts.

no offense, but i cant imagine why you'd spend 250 for another set of rubber mounts when you can have a set of polyurethane mounts that will last much longer for $50 :confused:
I explained that in another post a while back. I have no mount to fill(so to speak)... The rubber mount is held in place in the metal housing by double-sided tape until i get a new mount (and in this case I got 4 new mounts). The rubber around the center of the mount is gone. It's drivable, but not pleasant to drive.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Kirkosaurus on the board sells them.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
kirk is still revising the mounts for us na guys. the old mounts work, but you have to modify it slightly to drop in.. which is kinda ackward. the new proper pieces should be available soon.. id wait, its worth it.

or just buy some liquid urethane for $25 and fill your busted ones.
that works just fine too.. my mk1 mounts were filled. but you end up with 24+ hours of downtime. for a little more (50 bucks honestly isnt much at all for the results you get) you get about 30 minutes of downtime (installation is VERY easy) and you're back on the road.. and supporting a board member. i couldnt afford 24 hours of downtime.

·
Registered
378 Posts
kirk mounts... some good shiet! =) I put mine in my NA with no problemo. Theres a bit of vibration but its not annoying in any way. Its kinda like a back message. And shifting isnt jerky. Also... slap a bunch of lube jelly on them.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
I bought my second set a couple weeks ago (second hand to Brad Bedell but they are only a fw weeks old). Both sets I received seemed to be excellent quality and the price you cannot beat.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Ya, I used to pour my own. I wont do that anymore. Poured mounts have a very limited lifespan. Usually about 6 months of racing and the front is pretty tore up while the rear has sagged. and that is on a 4age MK1. Kirks mounts worked just fine and I still use them today on the Mk1 mounts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts