MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I replaced the oe lights with some Sylvania new sealed units, they were cheap and work for now, but will likely go with h4s if anything, as I what them to look factory. Honestly I don't think the lights are all that bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nicely done, I especially like the red vinyl on the tails. Are you going to post progress of your dad's 2gr swap?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nicely done, I especially like the red vinyl on the tails. Are you going to post progress of your dad's 2gr swap?
Thanks, I'll try and post a few updates on his, but they may be few and far between since he lives across town. But I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice and thank for sharing this

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I have a 91 turbo in the same color, BUT my paint is nowhere near as nice as yours.
Love the FD wheels on there, really curious about what wheels are going next

ANd those seats!!!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have a 91 turbo in the same color, BUT my paint is nowhere near as nice as yours.
Love the FD wheels on there, really curious about what wheels are going next

ANd those seats!!!!!!
Thanks, a little buffing compound goes a long way. Paint isnt perfect, but it does shine nicely. I'll post pictures of the next wheels sometime soon. New lips/barrels have been ordered and won't be here till spring. Nothing crazy, will fit all under fenders and have good sized tires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok not really, those are for a lexus I’m currently flipping.
These are the real wheels that will be going on the car.

Work VS X9. I have stripped them down and am having the center powder coated. I am keeping the rear size as is, but have parts on order to make the fronts more MR2 friendly. Not pictured, I do have the original center caps and all parts as well. Really looking forward to rebuilding and redoing these wheels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

My black Friday special arrived today after the swift springs were backordered. It's currently 0 degrees out, so no rush to install these.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Not much of an update because its been cold and wet here, and I have a baby that requires most of my free time, BUT, here is a list of things that are either here or on the way for the car that need installed.

Fortune auto coilovers
Berk down pipe
OBX B pipe
Autopista rear wing
AEM wide band
95 oem seats
Illuminated rear MR2 badge
New lips/barrels for work wheels -still need to have centers powder coated

Also have eibach springs and a new set of winter wheels to put on my daily (2010 Fit)

Not sure why I still live in Nebraska.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Come down to Arizona. 70 and sunny today. Too bad I'm working all day :|

That is a nice list of modifications you have there :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Come down to Arizona. 70 and sunny today. Too bad I'm working all day :|

That is a nice list of modifications you have there :)
Id love to come down to AZ. Its 25 degrees and slushy here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The parts pile is still building.
Downpipe, b pipe, coilovers, and seats all ready for some free time and warmer weather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Finally had a little bit of free time to work on the car tonight. Managed to re route the hoses on my catch can, (no pictures) install my 95 seats, and mount my wide band gauge.
Unsure of the wideband location, I don't love it or hate it. But it will work for now. I bought an extra trim piece so I'd always be able to return it to stock.

Here is just the new drivers seat to replace the torn old one

Here are both

And a couple of the wide band.

Now I just need a set of matching door panels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good, I've enjoyed reading through the progress! I'm about to split some 3 piece wheels and order new lips, possibly some new barrels too - which company are you going with?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Went with threepieceus but have heard horror stories about them. They were the only company that would sell me a 17in reverse lip in less than a 2 in width. So that was the reason I went with them. Nearly a 4 month wait to get my parts though, so they better be correct.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
finally got some free time to work on the 2.
Installed the mr2 heaven rear emblem. I love the way it looks, but im curious how well it will hold up. Im hoping ok because it looks great.

Its actually on in this picture, but hard to tell in the day time. Its ultra glossy, as you. can see the miata in the reflection

At night you get a much better look. I wired it into the license plate lights, but have obviously noticed now that they are burned out.

A while back I had installed these clear corner lights as I wasn't a fan of the factory amber ones. almost immediately I regretted that decision as I did not like how much they stood out. I had some left over smoke vinyl from a side job that worked out perfect. Its almost like they don't exist when they are off.

Before

After

and they blend nicely with the light off.

Lastly I got the majority of the exhaust removed. Only one bolt left on the side of the downpipe cat support that was fighting me. I decided to call it a night and let it soak in deep creep a bit longer. Most of the hardware came out pretty drama free which was nice, but its a bit awkward getting to the downpipe. The lift made this job pretty enjoyable as I feel like without it, doing the exhaust would be no fun.

I think ill repaint the exhaust diffuser thing and the tow hooks satin black while im down there. May also do the same to the factory muffler before it goes back in.
It was also super nice having a spare engine to look. at all bolt locations and sizes before doing so in the car.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts