MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video from my last session on the track this past weekend. Unfortunately, my battery died half way through. Also, new to this whole GoPro thing, so I didn't have spot metering turned on and as a result the outside was pretty washed out. I partially fixed that in editing, but it looks a little off as a result.

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely worth the trip. This was a NASA event, I have also run with PCA (Porsche Club). NASA is a little cheaper, but you do have to buy a membership so if you only do one event per year the cost gets a lot closer to PCA's cost.

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,622 Posts
Does either group typically have a smaller turnout? A lot of groups at HPR near Denver do not enforce the point-by-to-pass rules and it can be incredibly frustrating when you are just lapping in traffic.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cool video! Im going to have to look into the spot metering setting. I have been alittle frustrated with the lack of clarity of anything outside of the car with that view.

I got to race the east course there when I went for ST octane academy. My daily driver fiesta st came with the day of school there for free. Couldnt ask for a better view and the track was pretty damn nice.

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does either group typically have a smaller turnout? A lot of groups at HPR near Denver do not enforce the point-by-to-pass rules and it can be incredibly frustrating when you are just lapping in traffic.
The NASA days I have been to haven't been too horribly busy for the most part. If you are fast, and line up at the front of the grid, you can often go most of a session without seeing many other cars. In HPDE1 they require a point by to pass, in 2/3 you can pass without, but only in designated passing zones. HPDE4 is open passing anywhere.

Cool video! Im going to have to look into the spot metering setting. I have been alittle frustrated with the lack of clarity of anything outside of the car with that view.

I got to race the east course there when I went for ST octane academy. My daily driver fiesta st came with the day of school there for free. Couldnt ask for a better view and the track was pretty damn nice.
Nice, that's pretty cool.

Speaking of east track, I was there last weekend. Much better results with the camera set to spot metering. My only complaint sofar with the GoPro Session is that there are some settings (spot metering among them) that you cannot change through the cameras interface, you HAVE to pair it with a tablet or phone. Can't even change it via USB when connected to a computer.

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to the track again! This time on the outer loop, and trying out a new camera angle. I'm torn as to which one I like better... I like being able to see the dash and steering inputs and all that, but the view of the track is much better from the windshield mount.

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another video from the west track. Improved my personal best by about 3 seconds from last time. Still, lots more improvement to be made.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Good stuff Alex! Nice to see an MR2 at the track. It was once common, but not anymore.

I like to see my inputs for reviewing and analyzing video. It also helps me relate what may have happened on a particular lap. Easy for me to lose reference with a view strictly out the front. No question that gives a better view of the road ahead though.

·
Premium Member
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have been forgetting to update this thread! Here are this years videos so-far:

West track in May:

East track in June:

West again in July:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts