MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These pics are actually pretty old, I plan on taking new pics as soon as i go through the car wash...they also dont inlude my vinyl stickers...

anyway these date from around August 2005...

Changes since:

~switched wheels to original MR2 wheels that I took from my wrecked red t-top mr2, shown are the other wheels that came with car when i bought it..

~epoxied the plastic chrome looking wheel borders you see there (i donno what the proper name is)

~I switched the grey seats i bought with these beautiful blue ones :D :thumbup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These pictures were taken by the dude I bought it off of...

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Old view from back of car, sorta blurry, no its not blurry in real life lol

Paint is still good, no rust anywhere

Dont know what the smudge on steering wheel was but its gone now lol...

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cassette collection...shelf is perfect for them

Good view, I now no longer need that cd player , i have an ipod :D

Most beautiful colour I've ever seen and that I'll ever see :D

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BAD NEWS :(

My black cat Onyx crossing in front of parked mr2 while it was still in good shape before accident

Doesn't look like anything's wrong from this stance...

But from here its very obvious....Onyx laying on top,she seems sad for me

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It was a good thing the engine didn't blow up or anything...it was pretty dented but affected little inside engine compartment...of course the cooling fan was gone though

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The black looks much cleaner anyway, and also the t-top look makes car too busy , i kinda prefer it without t-top even though it was fun to drive around in summer with the top off...oh well :(

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Me and boyfriend :D Last year we did Calvin and Hobbs snow sculptures, me Hobbs, him Calvin, the news crew actually stopped by and took a pic of it to put in paper

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Sucks about what happened to the red one, but like you said the black one looks MUCH better IMO. And it's a hardtop! :) If you don't mind me asking how did you crash your old 2?

Miguel

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say most accidents happen within 2 miles of where you live, and in this case that was true for me too. Last summer I woke up with my eyes bouncing around in my head from trying to put in contacts for two hours straight the night before, I had never tryed to wear contacts ever before so it was something new to me. The night I struggled to put them in I had to run to home depot for something and I really noticed a decreased ability to see and experienced blurryness and my eyes were seriously jumping around in my head. But I got there and back home safely.

Next morning I'm late for work, i jump out of bed my eyes feeling achey and sore still, but I jump in the car and go in hurry to get there. I guess I was becoming a little too comfortable driving around seeing as I had never had any accidents before this, i felt clearly unstoppable.

My eyes were still shakey and hard to focus really I shouldn't have been driving, I make a left turn at a green light and in an instant *whack* my car slides to the side of the road. I started to hyperventillate immediately, in shock and not quite certain what was happening was real. I heard glass break but i didn't look and see that it was my glass until ten min later when I was outside the car. At first glance of the car and damage I really freaked out, there are friendly neighborhood people gawking, some coming up to me and giving me some comfort. I stand there still in shock looking at the peices of the vent scattered all around the street and ask myself how I let that happen. How could I ? I'm one of the best drivers on the streets! What the heck!

So why did I not see the car? Well since my eyes were effed up I thought the truck was parked on the side of the road and had no idea it was coming straight toward me until I saw brake smoke and heard the screeching hault. It was scary. As soon as the car was towed away and I had a ride back home...it went from sunny skies to clouds and thunder as soon as I stepped in the doorway. I really believed I could save the car though. I was obstinate and found all the parts online and brought it to my step-uncle's shop to fix it up , but they refused. They told me it was junk not worth fixing. I was really let down and still am. I miss my old car :(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
sry to here about the red one... do u still have it or did u junk it? and conntachs really sux the first time u put them in.... mine are always blurry and bother me wen i drive... i think that black looks better on the mk1 as well and i like the seats nice car

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
was it you that parked in the friendly's parking lot, in Bridgeport a couple months back, i parked next to it, the red 89 with the white bumper, nice car

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
well ive got my 89, but its really beat, 196k miles, new clutch, its just rusted and the bumper doesnt match, i was a fairly decent mk1 i can work on..... :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts