MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something just caught my attention about these Koni yellows I ordered.

1.) I've seen pictures of koni yellows where there is a white dial knob with a red arrow for adjustment. My set does not have these knobs. Are these just model pictures of a set of konis built for another car? Do the koni yellows for the MR2T have these dial knobs?

2.) Usually front struts are of a different proportion than the rear's. My Konis came in two boxes. There are two struts per box. All four struts are the same size. Did I receive the right struts? I'm afraid I might have received the wrong struts for my car. :confused:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Check the box numbers, it should say 8641-1220 for the front and 8641-1221 for the rear. The struts come in pairs. One strut will be slightly longer than the other. Each box should come with one knob, so you should have two knobs total. There should also be a gland nut with two holes for each strut and also white plastic washers that go on top of the gland nuts. Each box should also contain a pair of small stickers, installation instructions and operating instructions. This is how I got mine a year ago when I ordered from Twosrus.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...

The product numbers match up.
One pair of struts are slightly longer than the others.
All hardware and instructions are in the boxes. (including stickers.)
The problem... I only have one white adjustment knob.

The 8641 1220SPORT box, contained the knob. The 1221Sport box did not. I guess you only need one, right. It's just used when re-adjusting your dampers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.