MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: My 93 NA is my daily driver, but I love to autocross, and as the winter progresses, Im finally working out all the little kinks that a) the car already had when I got it, or b) I cheaply did something and its biting me in the butt. But she will be ready for this years autocross season, and I want to upgrade my suspension.

As stated before, I love to autocross, but my 2 is still my daily driver. In saying this, Im thinking that something adjustable strut cartridge wise, would be the way to go. Able to adjust it to a softer setting on the roads, but stiffer for the course. I was stuck between Koni's and Tokicos...and from doing a little searching, a lot of people are saying, if you have the money, go for the koni's..So I shall...

Now for the part I need help on. Springs? I would like to lower the car as Im not to fond of the stock 'baja' setting it seems to be on right now. And I also want some good springs for the track. Suggesstions? Money isnt a HUGE problem, but hey, its always nice to leave a little in the bank. Thanks!!

Cliff Notes: I have a 93 NA, and I wanna upgrade. I love to autocross. I narrowed it down to Koni strut cartridges, what would be some good springs that will lower my car, and help at autocrossing?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I like TRDs & Prokits because of their modest lowering (i.e. their modest reduction in bump travel). Stiffer & lower will help on autox, but you may not like it on the street. Go through the springs in the sticky and pick your poison.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I also work for Burien Toyota, so I can get a discount on TRD ones...I might just go that way from what Ive heard. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts