MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally drained battery, took car out for a long drive to recharge battery. Apparently my EBC stopped working and so I was overboosting to like 26ish psi which blew out my compressor outlet hose and gave me CEL code 52. I replaced the hose and took it to the shop to have the knock sensor checked. They said it was fine but that since the boost controller wasn't doing anything to change the hoses to factory conditions. Now after disconnecting the hoses from the boost controller and setting up the hose to go straight from the compressor to the actuator, I still get the CEL after ~2500 rpm. From what I've read this indicates a blown KS which contradicts what the shop I took it to said. Also ignition isn't super smooth and spits a bit of unburnt gas but the engine seems to even out after that. I want to get to the root cause here since I've read too many stories of people trying to just throw new sensors at the problem and they just end up blowing more sensors since the real problem isnt solved. What do you guys think? Could this be a wastegate issue? Timing issue? I'm kinda lost so any insight with justification is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I would start troubleshooting by replacing the knock sensor. Boosting to 26psi and limping with code 52 all point to Knock sensor being busted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts