MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm looking into buying a Mk.II MR2, and if I did one of the first things I would want to do would be to convert to metric gauges, with a KM/H speedometer.

Does anyone know how high the speedometer goes, or where I'd be able to obtain a metric cluster? Despite hardly having a chance to get there, it'd be cool to have gauges that topped out at 300 KM/H.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
NoddE said:
yeah,, 300km/h
electronic though.. but if you have a 93 cluster its :thumbup
so where can i get one of these TRD 300KM/H Speedometers for my JDM MR2 90' GT. Would it work ???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Virtually nowhere, they're out of production @ TRD and show up very rarely on ebay with some ridiculous price tags.
The european km/h speedos are 240 km/h for a small number of 3SFE's and 260 km/h for all the rest. The tachos are 8000/9000rpm respectively. Note, that some of them doesn't have the "security" diode on the tacho.
260 km/h should be just enough for an MR2.

·
Registered
178 Posts
260 km/h will indeed do for an MR2, an NA anyway. Mine (a 1990 NA with slightly higher compression, aftermarket exhaust and a reasonable filter) has done 205km/h (127mph). Given enough road it should get to 220km/h (137mph). Australian motoring magazine "Wheels" managed to get 221km/h out of an Australian delivered MR2 back in the early nineties at Lang Lang.
For those who don't know, Australian delivered MR2's all had 3SGE engines, originally with 117kW (157hp), but later cars had around 130kW (174hp). There's quite a few turbo 2's here now, but they are all "grey" imports not imported by Toyota Australia rather by private individuals

·
Registered
124 Posts
except to find those parts missing in the morning ;) im on the plane already to take them from ur garage lol or afternoon depending on this stuiped time zone thing

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Just pick up a Canadian cluster. This is good for those of you that want to know how fast you're going in MPH as the inner ring shows MPH also.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
PlATiuM said:
except to find those parts missing in the morning ;) im on the plane already to take them from ur garage lol or afternoon depending on this stuiped time zone thing
haha it's actually under my bed :D I haven't installed it yet

it was the other nice things on my car that got stolen.... :(

fyi Burien Toyota used to have one in stock.... you could try calling them up and see if they still have it. It was sitting there forever but I don't remember seeing the last time I went in... so maybe someone bought it finally

·
Registered
124 Posts
i'd like a guage that goes to 260kph does the canda one plug into a 93T JDM ? at the moment i dont have a speedo at all but once i get around to fixing the gearbox (yes the gear in the gearbox shat its self not the sender :() i'd like to know what speed i am doing up high hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts