MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a problem with my new headunit. I've just finished installing this HU this afternoon and thought finally, a new HU. I set up my preset FM channels, set the time, fixed the equalizer, and everything works, ALMOST perfectly... Now, here's the problem. When I turn off my car and turn it on again, my HU is resetted to its factory settings. Time is back to 1:00. Equalizer is back on default, everything.. and even my preset channels are gone.... It only happens when i turn off my car and maybe* when i take the face off.. or both?. Anyone know whats the problem and how to fix this? btw, this is brand new from Best Buy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
your problem is in the install. yellow wire from unit is memory, connect to constant 12 volt, red wire is switched connect to 12 volts that turns on and off with key. black is ground----kinda obvious.. hope this helps

·
Registered
484 Posts
for radio: (color/trace color)

yellow = constant 12 volts

red = switched 12 volts

black = ground

blue = power antenna , blue/ white = remote turn on

white = front left (+) , white/black = front left (-)

grey = front right (+) , grey/black = front right (-)

green = rear left (+) , green/black = rear left (-)

purple = rear right (+) , purple/black = rear right (-)

orange/white = dimmer , orange = illumination

not all colors may be there, if no blue/white then blue is power antenna and remote
use a multimeter to check car side i dont remember those colorss off the top of my head. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts