MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 91' n/a t-top mr2. :devil:
Before posting I read through the forum, I read runabout93's thread (mr2board) on things to do to your mr2 when you get it.
I am in the process of doing it all, or what the PO hasn't done. :undecided

The PO installed a aftermarket intake, and it ends right above the coolant lines. Plus lands right under the rain guard. I wanted to know if i can extend that intake into the side vent area with the square heat shield?

Was thinking of moving it to near the side vent(driver)

Secondly, I cleaned the IACV and accidentally tore the pipe in the front of the bottom three. The one coming from here:

does anyone know what the part number is (i tapped it up for a temp fix)

Third, this has started after cleaning the IAC there seems too be a hissing noise coming from the fuse box-canister area. Any troubleshoot ideas?

Also i was reading through the forums, and there are mixed reviews on seafoaming the intake and processes in which to do it. Basically which line to use. what have you guys used if you have done it.

Finally, my ac control unit is stuck, i read that its the cable that the switch attaches too is jammed twisted. but when i looked from behind the glove box everything was fine. Basically stays in that position. If you push towards heat the slider starts to go into the unit. Any Ideas?

Thank You for for help in advanced

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures

For some reason the pictures aren't showing up. you have to copy the url and look at it in another tab.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Repost

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 91' n/a t-top mr2.
Before posting I read through the forum, I read runabout93's thread (mr2board) on things to do to your mr2 when you get it.
I am in the process of doing it all, or what the PO hasn't done. :undecided

The PO installed a aftermarket intake, and it ends right above the coolant lines. Plus lands right under the rain guard. I wanted to know if i can extend that intake into the side vent area with the square heat shield?

[/URL][/IMG]

Was thinking of moving it to near the side vent(driver)

Secondly, I cleaned the IACV and accidentally tore the pipe in the front of the bottom three. The one coming from here:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

does anyone know what the part number is (i tapped it up for a temp fix)

Third, this has started after cleaning the IAC there seems too be a hissing noise coming from the fuse box-canister area. Any troubleshoot ideas?

[/URL][/IMG]

Also i was reading through the forums, and there are mixed reviews on seafoaming the intake and processes in which to do it. Basically which line to use. what have you guys used if you have done it.

Finally, my ac control unit is stuck, i read that its the cable that the switch attaches too is jammed twisted. but when i looked from behind the glove box everything was fine. Basically stays in that position. If you push towards heat the slider starts to go into the unit. Any Ideas?

[/URL][/IMG]

Thank You for for help in advanced

1 - 5 of 5 Posts