MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't wait to try it on and feel the difference. My car currently pulls pretty hard from 4k and up. I'm gonna see if ssac will allow her to pull harder before 4k.. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i think it's stock, unless the previous owner upgrade them. I can say that it pull hard comparing to my black NA though. My car is a hardtop too so that might explain why i felt more torque..:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
well my car is a hardtop as well and it pretty much dies after 5k. i guess its old age or you have a super n/a. good luck on the installl. make sure to drop the crossmember to take out the b-pipe otherwise your life will be very hard.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh.. my car pulls from 4k - 5k pretty good, it dies after that too.. eventually i'm swapping a 3sgte over for it.. thanks for the tip of dropping the crossmember :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
dropping the cross member is ALOT more work.. i definately wouldnt drop it!

unless you wanna keep your old b-pipe, just hack it off with a saw... either way, i removed my entire b-pipe without dropping the xmember or cutting anything.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Just droping the cross member isnt that much work. Removing it is. To drop it just take out the 3 bolts for the motor mount. And loosen the 4 bolts going into the body. Thats all you have to do to drop it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
^^ yes indeedy. and pb blaster is your friend, will be your greatest weapon against rusty/seized bolts. use permatex copper spray on the gaskets to make sure everything seals up nicely.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
mr2_503 said:
can't wait to try it on and feel the difference. My car currently pulls pretty hard from 4k and up. I'm gonna see if ssac will allow her to pull harder before 4k.. :)
man mine pulled okay to 5,000 but died(no power) around there. the 5s seems to lack power in 3rd. no pull at all. oh yea with the header if you could get all the bolts of the stock one you can get it out without taking the cross member out or for that matter the axle. you just gotta lift it high enough. also unbolt the bushing of off the mid pipe so you get more clearence. just keep turning the mid pipe until you figure how it can come out its like a puzzle. you might want to keep the stock header in case ss's header breaks or somthing.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Do you by any chance know what the reserve is. Someone posted on here before that the reserve was quite a bit less than the price listed on ebay, just can't seem to find the thread. What did you pay for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
MARKUS2222 I don't think there is a reserve price I won mine for 130 dollars after shipping it came to 155 dollars or so.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
rdyzz said:
MARKUS2222 I don't think there is a reserve price I won mine for 130 dollars after shipping it came to 155 dollars or so.
Sweet deal, I think they used to advertise them with a "Buy it Now" price of $300 US. Thanks for the info. :smile:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
when you get it come on by the shop and I'll help you slap it on. I noticed better mid range on my HME header when I had it on.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
you think a 4-2-1 design would benifit the 5s better then the 4-1 ssautochrome.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually don't know which design would be better for the 5s though..
Seth, i'm getting side track by getting that header (probably cause it's cheap enough). It's like i gotta try out the header before swapping the 3sgte in there. Oh well, i should be at the shop this next weekend or so..

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 4-2-1 is great. I really like it, although after all the time I put in making it I'm bound to like it. From what I can feel I didn't loose any low end but when it hits about 3500 or 4000 it really pulls. I don't have any dyno #'s (yet) to post as the car is getting painted right now ( I'm getting it back tomorrow finally. I hit a deer the day after i got the headers on. :mad: ) So I will try to get to a dyno soon. The idea of a 4-2-1 is to get good low end, but also get really good high end. I think it works really well for the 5sfe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts