MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A couple of things came in yesterday. Flex Fuel sensor, fuel pressure sensor, coolant temp sensor, ID injectors

Font Plastic Electric blue Auto part Transparency

Gadget Material property Electric blue Font Packaging and labeling

Rectangle Gas Bottle Bottle cap Bumper

I had purchased this for a different build, but I decided to use it in the MR2.
PowerTuned Digital Dash with GPS. This thing has some pretty cool options and you can completely customize it how you want. Also has Data logging, GPS Integration, drag timers, go pro integration, adjustable shift lights
Gas Technology Electronic device Rectangle Font

Shipping box Automotive design Packing materials Material property Rectangle

·
Premium Member
91T 4thGen Swap
591 Posts
Really Jelly of them fittings. I know my next job is the fuel and injection system just been busy/procrastinating since mines been running so well as is.
My last MR2 came with a touchscreen tablet setup. It was one of the first things I tossed along with all the pillar mount gauges. What I am after is a single din pop out with touch and android auto/Pi interface. Love the idea but I really want it to be able to disappear. Keeping the interior as Toyota as possible is one of my main build goals. That being said those seats fit very nice. They look near exact shape as a stock W series :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah, I wanted to run this cluster cause I didn't want to have 3-4 gauges. And the transponder for the tracks sold me on it. I've been watching videos of guys customizing these things and it's pretty cool all the different things you can do

I really like that idea, that'll look super clean too. I really wanted to keep the stock seats but they were ROUGH.

Oh I get that. If it ain't broken, right?
The 90° bulk fittings? AC PERFORMANCE Blue Aluminum 90 Degree -8 AN Male Flare Union Bulkhead Fuel Fitting with AN8 Bulkhead Nut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SVXYGP...t_i_9B24EY368KQ7NE61ES6N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Administrator
91t gen5
7,258 Posts
Watch out with those threads on the Chinese pressure sensors. I used one temporarily to measure fuel pressure and couldn't get it to seal without a sealant. I also found out that the sealant wasn't ethanol safe because it dissolved over night and then started to leak again. NPT doesn't need a sealant to seal so by mine leaking after sitting overnight tells me the threads weren't cut right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dash is interesting, how large is that display?
Cost of unit?
7" display. I bought this one back on black friday for $400 or so. I think when you add the GPS, it normally comes out to $550 or something + shipping. If I end up getting Fueltech, I'll be most likely selling this one. As of right now though I want to use it on the MR2
Watch out with those threads on the Chinese pressure sensors. I used one temporarily to measure fuel pressure and couldn't get it to seal without a sealant. I also found out that the sealant wasn't ethanol safe because it dissolved over night and then started to leak again. NPT doesn't need a sealant to seal so by mine leaking after sitting overnight tells me the threads weren't cut right.
Yeah, I went through that on a few of them. Found a distributor with these ones and so far, I've been pretty lucky with them. I'm running 4 of these on my racecar and so far so good 🤞

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Decided to wrap up the cluster today. Wanted to try something a little bit different. I ended up using the OE Fuel gauge and new af blinkers. Everything else can be read through the digital cluster (RPM, MPH, lambda, coolant temp, oil temp, IATs, I want to add a temp sensor to the A2W system so I can monitor that as well. Maybe will let me know the impact on the IAT).
Hopefully pulling the engine out this week to get a deeep scrub in. Then pull fuel tank and redo pump and lines

White Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Cable Audio equipment Wire Electronic device Gadget
Input device Gadget Output device Audio equipment Gas

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Sleeve Wood Waist Comfort Musical instrument

Automotive tire Speedometer Tachometer Motor vehicle Trip computer

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Most likely will be FuelTech or Haltech. The plug and play connector is just the canbus plug that the ECU has. When I bought mine, I just got the wires they provide. Depending what ECU I get, I'll order that plug.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Much appreciated brotha, I'm just trying to change my usual routine here.
Yeah, these are compatible with a ton of ECUs. So I don't think you need a stand alone, but idk 100%

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
NPT threads absolutely need a sealant to seal. All of them. Otherwise there's a leak path the whole way around the threads. This is how ALL tapered threads seal in the world. (BSPT, NPT etc.)

I use Loctite PTFE sealant in a stick and it always seals up. Give it at least a few hours to cure though. Amazon.com: Loctite 37615 Thread Sealant : Automotive

21 - 40 of 110 Posts