MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey what's up ya...im currently doing a jspec swap and i ran into some problems...and i need some help....

ill say this first...i have a 91 mr2 turbo body..and im using a 91 jspec motor and the jspec harness...

so lastnight i got the motor to crank...but it wont catch...i noticed that my timing was off...so i re did that...it's good now....still the motor will crank but wont catch....next then i noticed that i have no spark....took my dizzy off the blown US motor and put it on the jspec motor...still no spark...next i checked the wire that comes off the top of the dizzy cap to the ignitor for spark....still i have no spark.....so no i noticed that in the trunk there is a white plug from the U.S box ( its the box on the driver side that is mounted onto the trunk firewall where a couple of white plugs from the engine wiring harness plugs into) that does not plug up to the Jspec harness....

here are some pictures..let me know if the plug is really imporant...i think it is....i think it's a signal plug from the ecu to the engine i think....let me know what i can do now....hopefully i wont have to swap harnesses...

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
exodus said:
let me know if the plug is really imporant...i think it is....i think it's a signal plug from the ecu to the engine i think....let me know what i can do now....hopefully i wont have to swap harnesses...
The plugs are very important. That's weird your other plug doesn't match up (male/female wize).

Cut and soldier.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hmm thats very weird. Mine bolted straight up and I have a JDM ECU and USDM ECU, are you sure you dont have the wrong year ECU?

If I were you I would switch the harness from the old engine onto this one (see if the plug is different).

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stealth said:
Hmm thats very weird. Mine bolted straight up and I have a JDM ECU and USDM ECU, are you sure you dont have the wrong year ECU?

If I were you I would switch the harness from the old engine onto this one (see if the plug is different).
yea i have US and JDM ecu's...but the plug on the left is part of the US harness that i never took out when i swap the motor....on the US harness here is a plug that will fit that though...

im not sure what yera ecu i have....ill get the part number when i get home...

and just to let you know...i didnt buy the whole rear end clip...just motor set

·
Registered
22 Posts
The plugs are very important. That's weird your other plug doesn't match up (male/female wize).

Cut and soldier.

hmmm, i'm having the exact same problem, youre saying these two plugs are supposed to go together? it doesnt really looks like it, one is for the body, and the other looks engine/computer related. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whiteef8 said:

Cut and soldier.

hmmm, i'm having the exact same problem, youre saying these two plugs are supposed to go together? it doesnt really looks like it, one is for the body, and the other looks engine/computer related. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!
i found out that i have a 93 jspec harness....so i just swapped back to my 91 us 3sgte harness and it was all good...

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok, so the 91 US harness had those two plugs covered? you know anywhere i can buy a 91 USDM harness for a good price?? thanks for all the help :thumbup

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whiteef8 said:
ok, so the 91 US harness had those two plugs covered? you know anywhere i can buy a 91 USDM harness for a good price?? thanks for all the help :thumbup
keep looking in the for sale section...there's always people selling....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts