MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Quick update!

No show at court today. Arrest warrants will now be issued for both of them and judge granted the judgment to be increased to cover this cost

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
He deserves to go to jail. The judge already set his release as the same amount as what they owe which is now over 10k. I told him if he didn't pay i would make sure he ends up in jail. Now both of them have arrest warrants. I hope they have someone to take care of those kids. I'll make sure he gets picked up quick too.

This is the end of the line for both of them. I look forward to posting up their mug shots

Reactions: TeaBagofDeath

·
Registered
2 Posts
He hit me for over 5k i have receipts ...kept car a year ..ill join and contribute. I know his wifes current .phone nums etc . Iran him today lol. My cars been out of commision sense he ffed me . I know a lot. Im just now able to really fix my passion 92t contact me if you can.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
The best thing I can say is sue him for the amount plus legal fees. I'll update this next when we get word they have been arrested

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Update

Jeremy has paid the court ordered restitution to avoid jail. He is due back in court Jun 1st. He has yet to pay foe the cost of the debtors exam.

Since hes dragging this out now I have contacted the AGs office and they actually called me back wating more info. Im currently in contact with them. If you have been a victim of Jeremy let me know asap. I have been in contact with a bunch of you guys so im going to pass the names on to the AG. Jeremy wants to keep dragging this out thats fine. Lets get that civil charge turned into a criminal charge. His wife Amanda is included in this as well since shes helping him run these scams. I have an appointment on monday. Ill update with more info as it comes in. Ill be in contact with those who messaged me so we can move this case forward.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
he sure seems to think he's above whatever may happen here.. keeps buying (or at least offering to buy) stuff on facebook. Buying a 2gr right now it seems.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yea thats typical of him. He acts a lot bigger then he actually is. That's why he ended up paying 3x the original judgment

Hes due in court June 1st to answer to the judge. Im hoping to nab him on criminal charges through the district attorney before then. Hes a career criminal and needs jail time.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
He hit me for over 5k i have receipts ...kept car a year ..ill join and contribute. I know his wifes current .phone nums etc . Iran him today lol. My cars been out of commision sense he ffed me . I know a lot. Im just now able to really fix my passion 92t contact me if you can.

Mike sent you a PM as well. I need your name and phone number for the DA's office.

Lets finally put Jeremy and Amanda in jail where they belong.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Hey thanks to the people who got back to me. I will be talking with the AGs office on monday.

Jeremy is getting sued yet again by another company Conn Appliances Inc. They just filed suit on 5/10

Talk about a career scam artist. Same judge as the one handling my case.

You think he would of learned his lesson the 1st time. Unbelievable

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have to try HARD not to comment on everything he posts on FB. i can't imagine how hard it is for you to hold your tongue...

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
OK guys got some updates for you!

Jeremy and his wife Amanda showed up to their bail hearing. Late mind you. You could tell the judge was sick of him being here. The judge asked me before they entered what I wanted to do. He asked if I wanted them arrested and put in jail for a few days. I was nice enough to just take the money. (Their bail was the amount they owe minus the interest.

So I have received that finally!!!! Close to 7k so far!

Next the judge granted all our legal fees before the case already began. The judge told Jeremy to pay the rest and he didn't want to see him in this court room again.

I eyed Jeremy and his wife down the whole time. They wouldn't even look at me. They showed up in old jeans not even bother to look professional. Way to get the judge mad. Idiots.

Jeremy has been given till Sept. 15th to pay the remaining balance owed. If I do not get payment by the 15th I am going to have the contempt charges reinstated and this time I am going to push for at least a 30 day sentence for both of them. I want them both in there at the same time. They both had plenty of time to make this right. Now it's my turn to teach them a hard lesson.

Times counting. They can both stay in jail till them come up with them money. Hopefully it will take them a very long time. I would much rather see them serve jail time now over getting around the 2k still owed. 2K would be a well worth investment to have them both locked up off the streets. I feel bad for their kids who will end up in foster care but they seem like such scumbags that maybe the kids would be better off.

I'll update as the info comes in. Sorry for the long delay. You know from watching this thread things take a while to move in the city of Surprise with only 2 court judges. Hopefully now since the judge knows the case we can speed up the process if payment is not made.

To be honest I am already getting the paper work together since I doubt they even have any money to pay.

At the begining he only owed me 3K. Now hes paying over 9K. Hopefully they learned a valuable lesson. Im happy though. By the time this is done hopefully the Hartz's will be in jail and I already made my money back and then some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a roller coaster. Congrats on the money! I admire your dedication and commitment for seeking justice, not long now until the end of this whole fiasco.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm glad you stuck to it and are getting paid but I feel the justice system is failing the people. This guy knowingly stole peoples money through fraud yet you, not the state has to pursue it civilly instead of them doing it criminally. Maybe he won't pay the remainder and he will do some time in the end.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I agree. I called the police to file a report. The exact words to me were "While a crime occurred you would have to sue them in civil court"

I was like wtf? If you wonder why people take the laws into their own hands it's this right here. I did file with the AG's office but i know this case is probably small compared to the stuff they work on. Still hoping they will go after both them criminally in time.

Jeremy needs to be taught a hard lesson. He has gone around scamming people thinking nobody will do anything. He was wrong this time. He has two options left. Pay the rest he owes me or both of them can sit in jail to think about what they have done.

I havea feeling both will end up in jail by October. The Hartz's has yet to take any responsibility for this so why would they start now. I'll update with any new info that comes along but we are on a hold now till the end of September.

·
I hurt myself daily
3,371 Posts
Hi Staci. I haven't posted on this thread because I didn't want to sound discouraging. I went into business for myself in 1990 and foolishly allowed people to make payments instead of pay me up front. By 1995 I had filed almost exactly 100 small claims cases. I won every case but probably collected about 50% of the judgements. This included garnishing paychecks, savings accounts etc. You find out real quick that almost anything can happen in a court of law. People lie and when caught, just make up another lie. They get multiple continuances. Much depends on the judge.

Collecting is another story. I have garnished bail, but some judges would not allow me to claim the posted bail. Some jurisdictions would not collect bail at all when the people were picked up on a warrant. They were just released on their own recognizance. There is also a segment of society that never pays taxes, moves constantly and never pays bills. They often work in construction and never stay on a job more than the couple weeks that it takes for their bills to catch up. My sister used to work for Child Support Enforcement here in California. She encountered people like this on a daily basis.

Glad you got something for your efforts. It is frustrating, I know.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts