MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the schedule for this season, I am planning on 12 races (6 drag events and 6 hill climbs) ... assuming Hyde survives this Spring's dyno session with all of the new parts :D (goal = 425~450 rwhp).

At the national drag events, the heads up drivers are allowed to have 4 people go to the line with the car and actually be down on the track for the race.

What I am looking for are these key people:
1. Someone who can handle a video camera at the line
2. Someone who can handle a digital camera at the line
3. Someone to make sure I am at an exact location for my burnout
4. Cindy will be down there as well. I want 2 cameras rolling.

I will supply:
1. The wristband to get you down on the track when we are allowed.
2. The cameras (video and still)
3. A Jekyl and Hyde Crew Shirt
4. I will supply lunch (my choice, I hope you like burgers :D )
5. A Hyde 2005 DVD with your credit in it!
6. A team photo

What I need from you:
1. A commitment to be at those 6 drag races
2. Pay your own entry into the track (It's usually $25-$35 for BOTH days).

What else you can expect:
1. Your face to be in the images of the Hyde that show up on the media coverage of the events
2. Chicks to really dig you wearing a racing crew shirt :D (we can hope!)

Who can't do this?
Anyone who plans on participating in the heads up classes.
Those of you that bracket race should be able to do this without to much trouble. Depending on how rounds go, you may have to do some jogging through the pits :D

As long as my engine stays together, there is no reason I should not be in the 10s or damn close ... which would finally make me more competitive.
An update from my mechanic revealed that my SPEC clutch was COMPLETELY obliterated .... which means I was running on a shot clutch for the 2nd 1/2 of last season. That means I have not had a clean pass on the RMR intake manidold OR on the new drag radials.

We just installed a MUCH beefier clutch and I would expect sub-11.5s with no other changes. However, we are adding cams, EMS, 850 injectors and a Wolfkatz Fuel Rail to get that extra 80~100 rwhp.

My goals for the year
1. Magazine coverage
2. Wheelie
3. 10s

I am being dead serious about all of this.
I have no idea how far my racing is going to go, but I am having a blast pushing the envelope. If I can not find 3 people to commit to all 6 races, then I will accept help on a per race basis.

So who wants to be a part of this?

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 6 races are:
1 ~ IDRC @ Maple Grove, PA
2 ~ NHRA @ Englishtown, NJ
1 ~ Summer Slam @ Englishtown, NJ
1 ~ NOPI @ Atco, NJ
1 ~ NHRA @ Atco, NJ

5 of the 6 events are in New Jersey if that helps.
The only event in PA is only 1 day, the rest are all 2-day events.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dates are listed in our Meets forum and on my site ... but to make it easier for you:
April 30 & May 1 NHRA Nationals Englishtown, NJ
May 14 & 15 NHRA Nationals Atco, NJ
July 2 & 3 Summer Slam Englishtown, NJ
July 17 IDRC @ Maple Grove
Aug 27 & 28 Nopi Nationals Atco Raceway
Oct 1 & 2 NHRA Nationals Englishtown, NJ

To sign up, just let me know that I can count on you.
If it turns out that you can't make a race, just do everything you can to get someone to fill in for you.

If you guys have cameras to help out that would be great. I would like to start videoing from inside the car on all runs so my mechanic can hear what's going on.
I also need someone to video the actual run. Cindy is going to be focused on videoing the launch. I'm at a point that I need to KNOW what is going on with my rear tires in that first 0-40 feet and it is hard to hear/think about that when I am trying to get out of the hole.

You guys are awesome, thanks for your interest!

·
What Grind's My Gears!
1,181 Posts
HEY JEFF,
if everything pans out for my car i will be wit u at most of the races.. so we can help each other out .. an take turns in driving the golf cart around the track... im trying to get the car back as soon .. if im there u can barrow them jacks again...
lates
henri

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Henri ... I sure hope I don't need the jacks again!

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Kappa,
Are you sure you are in? I know you always have a lot going on.
Are you going to make 5 events in NJ that are 2-day events? That would be added expense for you. Cindy and I usually grab a hotel for the night or stay with a friend in the area (you met him at my birthday party).

Don't get me wrong, I want you there, I just want to make sure you truly can do this.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I talked to Kappa (Dennis) on the phone.
He IS on board.

J&H Team
1: Jeff Fazio a.k.a. JekylandHyde
2: Cindy Foley a.k.a. Jek's Girl
3: Dennis Rothmel a.k.a. Kappa
4:
5:
Alternate: (first person we look to if someone can't make it).

I really appreciate your support guys (& gals).
This truly means a lot to me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
urbanimpakt said:
im pretty good w/ a camera
-mike
definitely good w/ a camera, and straight up guy. i'll vouche if you're lookin...

jeff, you're gonna get a lot of turn out for those spots haha. I'll be there!

-D

·
Two for me, None for you
6,115 Posts
I have a digital Camera and I'm borrowing my friends SLR camera for a Photography class that I'm taking. I dont know exactly how many events I will be able to attend. It seems that going to all those events could wind up costing alot.

-JD

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand JD.
Maybe if we just get a list of names of people interested and maybe a week or two before hand we can find out who is going for sure?

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
... for what's it worth, it's usually costs me $95 for Cindy and I to get in (she helps!) and then we have food and hotel costs (if we stay at a hotel). It's usually $30 or so for race gas ... anohter $15 for gas to get to the track and back.
It adds up!

THE HILL CLIMB EVENTS ARE FREE TO SPECTATE .... 100% NO MONEY :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts