MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Ill make a thread for are fun day!!

First off, the day was planned so Ian could help with my suspension install.
KYB AGX inserts
Tein Stech springs
H&T sway bar endlinks

So here is some stories before the pictures..
So I left my house about 10:30, and went to farm and fleet to pick up some 5w30 oil to fill the insert housing with, about 11:45 I call Ian trying to find out where to go so he says him and his buddy will meet me in his Srt-4. About that time here comes a srt4 whizzing by me, oh snap it was Ian!! :bow So they turned around and caught me with tremendous speed. If anyone doesnt know Ians friends srt-4 is insanely loud.
So we started on my suspension after I got mcdonalds, woohoo everything goes great before Jesus calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His car was smoking on the highway, so the 3 stooges hopped in the srt-4 with oil and water and tools to go save him! We found Jesus about 15 miles out, looped around and came to help him. Filled his car with oil and some water and we were off the el shoppe de Ian!! :thumbup

Now the suspension was on its way, getting inserts in was a pain in the ass. Ian was sitting on the wrench trying to get the damn gland nut off, while me and Jesus were cutting and unbolting crap (my mr2 was naked ;) ) So after the first insert it went much smoother, now that we had a way to get the gland nut off.
overall it was a great day with MANY exciting times, especially making fun of a honda kid...pictures will be posted by Ian of the bag hahaha

Anyway car got very low, we had to lower it onto wood, so here are some pics.

Okay so pictures are at different levels so you cant see the difference..but Ian has more he will post, its slammed.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it took at least 6 hours for this with pizza and Jesus interuption on highway haha..

Ian has some install pics, and after pics with all of us that his g/f took...and the ricerboy bag.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
yeah man my car caught me by surprise and overheated on me just a few miles from ian's shop! mile marker 65!!!! my temp gauge read fine, until i let off the gas... when i noticed the smoke coming from my exhaust. btw - ian, thanks for the oil mang!!! anywho, it was one hell of a mission putting his suspension on. i dont think jeff's car wanted the new suspension... nothing that a little bit of persuation couldnt fix :thumbup.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
MortICi said:
Jesus, wtf happened? HG blew? or what? Don't let it die.

Greg.
as of the ride back (which i took slow compared to my heading towards ian's!) and today- no smoke & no extra wierd noises... takes a bit longer to heat up though. i dont think the HG is gone... thank god! i think the t-stat is bad. the car seems to be running fine right now though. i'll be replacing the t-stat tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. it would sucked if the engine had blown like i originally had thought (those damn bumps on the shoulder scared me!)... luckily the 5s' are fairly cheap to get. give up on the 2 is the last thing on my mind! i got a few more plans for it before i just leave it alone...

btw - the quote in my siggy really happened! it was mad crazy yo! the strut housing was nicknamed "the tunnel of love"!

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
hahaha! all and all it was a pretty good time. i really enjoyed you guys coming over. nothing like 3 members wrenching on a duece at the same time.
it was a great learning experience. i was bound and determined not to get owned by the tunnel of love! nothing like tearing apart a duece w/ 67k on her!

i never thought that we'd be the ones saving Jesus like jeff said. it wasn't too far from the shop either. im glad that everything was good though, and we made it back okay. just a little oil and water!
Jesus, when you called bro, i had flashbacks of my engine blowing on the interstate and went into epileptic seisures! i was like, "Noooooooo". but its all good. i think that the water came out of the over flow tank.

you guys are always welcomed over to hang and eat pizza, next time lets skip on the hard work! hopefully in a weeks time, i'll get to have you all over and we can chill and stuff.
i wish more members could have made it down. btw fellas, both of your cars there made everyone want a 2!!! i'll get the pic up on carpron tonight. here's just acouple from the night.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Jeff, not to be a downer, but why did you choose the S-Tech Springs? AFAIK they are horrible for anything other than show (hence the "S"-Tech).... But then again you might be going for looks?

Greg.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
darknight said:
i never thought that we'd be the ones saving Jesus like jeff said. it wasn't too far from the shop either. im glad that everything was good though, and we made it back okay. just a little oil and water!
Jesus, when you called bro, i had flashbacks of my engine blowing on the interstate and went into epileptic seisures! i was like, "Noooooooo". but its all good. i think that the water came out of the over flow tank.
you know, that was the first thing that went through my head! maybe that's why my immidiate thought of the engine being blown went to my head! but yeah nothing a little lubrication & H2O couldnt fix! i'll try to have her ready again for the meet.

btw - guys i found an awesome deal on "the other" board for McCulloch HID's ...

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats a plastic bag over my antenna, the rubber washer got torn apart and I dont want anything getting in the hole until I get a new washer, so you are seeing the tape.

Right now I basically just wanted my car lowered for looks, im not into any racing or anything yet so the tein were great for me, once I get my motor and other things I will eventually buy coilovers and have the mr2 for autocrossing, but for now the tein work for me.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Ah ok. Figured as much. The Teins S-Techs are for show and usually most people by it for that purpose, i couldn't see any use for actual hard driving.... Looks hawt tho :) I just got my springs in today all i gotta do is order the tokicos :D

Greg.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Looked like a fun time :) BTW Im gonna be doing my install in a shop with power tools, so no worries about gland nuts not comming off :) Impact wrenches rock the hizzy haha.

Greg.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We had air and power tools, but the gland nut is 2inches and we didnt have anything to fit.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts