MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
right now I have the stock mr2 side mirrors which are in bad condition being loose n all and was considering buying some new side mirrors such as the bomex type but I was wondering if it's possible if you could purchase the jdm side mirrors which fold in as you turn off your car and fold out as you start your car... if you can where? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
check ebay, the parts for sale forum, and Jarco. I bought some from them since they are like 15min from me. They usually have them depending on how many mr2s they cut up from the last trip to japan. Ive been figureing out how to make them work how i want but i just havent had time to mess with them lately.

·
Registered
484 Posts
coolborder, just to let you know they dont fold in and out automatically. Theres a button on the drivers side door that says retract and it controls the folding action.

·
Registered
291 Posts
eh?

Yup, what he said. There's a little button above the power windows switches that lets you fold them in and out at will. Get a few WTF looks when you do it in traffic. Good for a laugh.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
You can contact Dennis, he's located in Ontario, SoCal. Ask him if he wants to sell his. I have a set for my AW11 and without the wring schematics it a PITA. Lucky for me I have a bad a$$ automotive electrician friend that hooked it all for me. It took him 2 hours but he did it.

Peace-

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
You probably could tie it into the starter or ignition circuit ot have it fold automaticly when you start and turn the car off.

Or better yet use the accessory circuit with a relay that will activate the mirrors to fold out when you turn it on. Then when power is cut the relay will trigger it to fold in.

I'm sure it could be done. I just don't know what specific componets you would need to do it. Does the button stay pushed down when you push it to retract or does it spring back up and you push it agian for them to open?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that's what i am going to do if i get them, so when the TT turned the car off the mirrors would fold in.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Where the power window switch there is also a small button the says "retract". It pops back up after you push it. I have my mirrors hooked up to my alarm. So when I arm or disarm the car alarm the mirrors fold and unfold.

Peace-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts