MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just recently purchased a set of jdm foglights and a switch. now does any know how to install them?? so that you can tell me how i can install them and have the switch work. so that when i turn on the switch the foglights come on and when i turn it off they go off. if anyone can or knows how please let me know and sent me instructions.

thanks
kong

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
Well, if you want to install them the same way that Toyota designed them to operate & in order for it to be really easy, you'll need to have the pre-wiring in your car and a relay that plugs in at the fuse box in the frunk. It's basically plug & play at this point and will enable you to turn the fogs on and off with the switch. Toyota designed the wiring to have the fogs only come on with the headlights.
There are various write-ups on how to re-wire them to come on with the running/parking lights or to just hook them up directly. But first, you need to find out if you are pre-wired. If not you'll need to figure out a different approach as in running your own wires or buying a fog light wiring harness.

BTW: Here's one of the re-wiring write-ups:

http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/HowTo/FogLights/FogLights.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts