MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am thinking about getting a JDM AW11SC clip and transplanting the 4agze into my 87 NA. I know it will be simple because I can get the clip. The problem is I live in SoCal and assume that a JDM 4agze from a AW11 won't have any of the US smog crap(Is this correct?). Would I be able to find the smog parts for a resonable sum and any ideas where. In other words could I pull this off legally without spending a stupid amount of money, or would it be more trouble than it is worth. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Since Californians can't legally swap JDM 4AGZEs, will it be hard to find a good condition U.S. smog legal 4AGZE engine?

Or can we use the JDM engine clip and attach the smog parts off a U.S. 4AGZE to make the JDM engine smog legal?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just to say the least, you better be careful what you say on this forum when it comes to smog. Just looking out for you.

And just because your swapping parts over, doesnt mean your going to pass, you actually have to see how much NOx,CO, HC, O2, comes out. You may pass tech inspection, but once it comes to the dyno and idle speed tests, you may be a gonner...and if you fail....that records on the BAR head computer at Sacramento...and you wouldn't like to be in any federal data base would you? so.........i can't talk too much here lol...i might get banned or something. if your going to take the risk of swapping parts over, you have a 50/50 chance of passing or maybe less. you want everything to be stock as possible. nothing disconnected.....NOTHING MISSING.....auto fail if you do. thats the help i can offer for tech insp.....otherwise...your engine...you will have to find a way...on what gases come out of ur engine...and make sure they are within BAR spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts