MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've been on here but seeing as im finally getting it all together i figured i should start a thread. So as the description says, swapped a JDM 3rd gen i rebuilt into my 91 Hardtop and did a mild build on it. Mods include:
Rebuilt head with Engle springs
GSC 268 High lift cams + Adj Gears
ARP head studs/nuts
MLS headgastket
ATS Sidemount and fan
ATS CT21 BJ w/billet wastegate
Gasket matched+ported factory intake/exhaust manifold
4" intake
Full 3" HKS Exhaust
ATS Bored rail
Aeromotive FPR
1000cc injectors
Walbro 255
Link G4+ EMS
...maybe a couple other things but thats the base
So pretty much planning to see what i can get outta this setup and get comfortable with the car but i think i can pretty safely get the most out of this setup before considering going bigger turbo. I'd like to try to get as close to 335-350whp as possible, from what ive seen similar setups are getting close. Once I get the injectors in and the EMS installed i gotta get some dyno time in and figure out my tuning. Rich from VFR was supposed to do it but hes been MIA for months now so gotra figure that out. Just wanted to get a post going and see if anyone has any suggestions. Id like to know more about proper cam angling and take advantage of those adjustable cam geats of anyone has any insight there. But anyways thanks for looking guys.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've got a stock 3rd gen with a CT27. Make 270 at the wheels. Stock injectors too.

With those injectors you should be able to make 350 no sweat.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Degree the cams yourself. The cam card on the GSC's are wrong. Or at least mine was.
Sidemount will be the limiting factor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a good place to start with the cams or is it purely experimental, whats gonna work best for your setup? And i know the sidemounts gonna be my choking point. I just dont wanna go to an A/W intercooler and dont wanna go chopping my car up either. Kinda the only other option is adding some meth. I have the setup to run e85 with my Link but i dont have a station with it for like 65 miles

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I've read many different versions but usually it's install straight up.
Then adjust on dyno. Have seen +3 int and -8 ext or more conservative with +2 int, -6 ext.
Dyno will be best as every motor is different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah there 0'd right now on my current setup with stock injectors and factory ECU. Figured best to start there regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts