MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
JASMA stands for "Japanese Automotive Sports Muffler Authority"
http://www.jasma.org/

Any Japanese aftermarket exhaust will have their stamp on it. It does not refer to a particular exhaust system or manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
uhhh.. i think he just said that jasma is not a brand of exhaust. brands are like hks, greddy, apexi. and jasma puts their seal of approval on those. i think.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the major brands of exhausts, but Jasma ones are not Greddy, HKS, or Apexi that are stamped by them. The perticular one I am talking about is a "Greddy-Style" but it does not have Greddy or Trust's logo on it anywhere. It is a knock off version of the name brand ones. I was just wondering if anyone had one or has had one stamped by Jasma and if so how did it perform.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Like TBeck2000 said, Jasma is not a brand or type of exhaust. It is a certification. Asking about how well a Jasma exhaust performs is like asking how well a CARB intake works. Jasma and CARB approval are along the same lines.

My HKS HiPower exhaust had a plate on the bottom that said Jasma.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I think my Fujitsubo muffler has it on there as well.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Like everyone said JASMA is a certification. Any exhaust that is made in JAPAN will be stamped with JASMA. The exhaust is could be anything you listed HKS/TRUST/Fujitsubo/etc... Whichever exhaust it is, it can't be THAT bad considering its from Japan. But like you said, you don't know the brand name.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Why don't you post a picture of it and see if someone can identify it? Have you already compared it to all of the ones on the exhausts page?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
?? what a weird looking exhaust!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Looks like a twisted version of what Petey (Jason Biggs) was playing! :lol2:
Jasma is not an exhuast!!! We repeat is not an exhuast!!!
One more time and you will be assimilated :borg j/k

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Is there a way to hang the really long tailpipe? Seems like strain from its own weight would cause it to crack pretty quickly.

Never mind, I just looked at the second picture and saw the mount.

If the piping is bigger than stock I'm sure it would do better than stock. But it appears to be a b-pipe back setup. Get a b-pipe replacement first like the tanabe if you haven't already.

What is the asking price? It it's really low then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know anything about Jasma Exhaust systems? Are they decent, the one I am talking about would have 3" piping with dual 4" tips. Do they have any sound to them? Any information would help. Thank you.
I had a 91 SW21 MR2 that had a full stainless steel cat back single in 3inch large can muffler into dual exit at each end 4inch tips it really had a nice sound tone it felt loud inside the cabin of car but outside it was a nice tone that moved with the car. Whatever video clip I got from friend following me while drifting on/off ramps very slightly can be heard but more so my induction intake sound. It was actually well constructed. Yup no label brand engraving, etching, stamp, or badge but only the JASIMA plate spot welded at underside of muffler. Was on the car for something like 9yrs now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts