MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:smile:

After doing some research over the winter I've decided to go with the Koni Sport yellows using RSR springs.

Ive searched and used peoples help in gathering the parts list for the swap.

Here is my write up:

REMOVED LINK. ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I BOUGHT

As you can see Ive identified the key parts to get. How about the rest?

Am I forgetting about any of the suspension components?

:feedback:

91 MKII sitting on 16 in wheels.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
A couple items on your list confuse me. The bump stops are incorporated into the top of the strut boot - so what you have listed as bump stops should be the OEM boots, which would be comparable to the KYB boot that I offer.

What is the 'Energy Suspension Heavy Duty End Link Set'? I know Energy Suspension as a bushing supplier, and our end links don't use any type of bushing (unlike the Spyder front, Cressida, older Celica and AE86).

The Eibach Camber Kit should take the place of the strut (crash) bolts, so you don't need both of those.

The only thing I can think of to add is the spring isolator rubber that goes between the perch and the spring - PN 48157-17020.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David Hawkins said:
The bump stops are incorporated into the top of the strut boot - so what you have listed as bump stops should be the OEM boots, which would be comparable to the KYB boot that I offer.
Ok thanks. Are those KYB at the 91 height or slightly lower 93+ height. Its my intention to purchase the height (93+) that would most accomodate a lowered car. this (the KYB height and application) is something that I'm a bit confused on too.

What is the 'Energy Suspension Heavy Duty End Link Set'?
I found it here...
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...nsion/End_Links/part/Heavy_Duty_End_Link_Sets
??and added it to my list of "other stuff".

The Eibach Camber Kit should take the place of the strut (crash) bolts, so you don't need both of those.
thanks for that

The only thing I can think of to add is the spring isolator rubber that goes between the perch and the spring - PN 48157-17020.
and thanks for that

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
The heavy duty end link bushing set is for the front on an MR2 Spyder. You won't need those.

The KYB strut boots are a universal thing. You can cut the bump stop to whatever height you want, but they are not made specifically for the MR2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts