MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not to sure why the car has a miss. and its only every once and a while. it isn't a miss that is always there sometimes the car runs great and sometimes bad?? I have a cap rotor plugs. im not to sure what it could be. is there any way to test my ecu??? thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
do you have ignition wire gappers? a lot of people overlook this and this actually stopped my misfiring. how old are your ignition wires? what kind of plugs?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure what wire gappers are?? im not to sure i just dont think its my wires cause its not always a problem its only sometimes. its weird sometimes it will kill my car and sometimes my car runs great!!! ???

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I had the same issue. When does yours misfire? Is it only under certain loads\boost, or is it just random whenever? My car did the same thing because my plugs were bad\gapped improperly and couldnt handle sparking under the higher load\boost. Also maybe want to check coil and whatnot. There could also be a grounding issue. just some ideas.

andrew

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine happens whenever?? in idle under boost?? just when it feels like it? and it happens for a while then it dissapears for a while. its really strange?? any other ideas??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts