MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year Scott Barton (sab0276) inspired the beginning of the JEkyl Hyde Racing's Diversity in Competition award by entering his MR2 in so many different types of events. Since he was the inspiration, he won the award the first year. You can see the details of Scott's events and more info on the award here:
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=143910

We plan on making this an annual award, so the question is who will win this year? Nominations are welcome. We have yet to decide how the judging will be done.

Who can win?

This award will be handed out annually to (a) an MR2OC.com board member that has participated in a diverse arena of motorsports. The Toyota MR2's mid-engine layout is a perfect platform for participating in a wide variety of automobile competition and we aim to recognize those that are truly going for it. That being said, person that is recognized does not have to have won events or set records, they just (b) need to have attempted an array of legal motorsports in the Toyota MR2.

An important aspect of all of this is sharing the experience. The person awarded (c) needs to be active in the community, sharing their adventures in racing and submitting their results to the official MR2 Records site.

What can you win?
Last year, Scott won the award certificate, a 1-year membership in Club MR2 along with a $40 gift voucher for TwosRUs.com. Hopefully we can expand that this year ... any board sponsors want to chip in? *hint hint

So ... get out there and compete this year! (and post about it!)
... try a new event, challenge yourself.

So what types of motorsports are out there for the MR2 to race in?
Autocrossing, Road Racing, Hill Climbing, Drag Racing, Land Speed Racing, RallyCross, Road Ralleys and specialty events like the Silver State Classic. This is by no means a comprehensive list. The options very well be endless.

So who will win this year?

***accepting nominations at any time.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
does this only include races?? or would my afternoon at vir yesterday be included..... 1 hour of non passing adrenalin w/ speeds over 100mph :) too bad it was for armatures :( if not i could have passed the driver in the bmw ahead of me :evillaugh i don't have any time slips just video

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any kind of competition counts ... tracks days are fine.
The idea/point is to get out there and try different kinds of things.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
:smile: i still havent fallen off the high... i thought the auto-x (mr2) and drifting (in a 240) was fun but that was awsome

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
sheesh. Track days, AutoX, Drag Days, a hillclimb and a timed rallycross (point-to-point backroad navigation style) thus far in the past two years. If i can get her back together this summer, i'll do it again.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... also, I hope everyone is taking note of point C above. ;)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
local organized schmoo up here, Rt.2 into Massachusetts by the NY/MA border. Very twisty and about a 2000 foot elevation change. It's a hell of a hill, but i don't think they'll be able to do it again. Too many complaints about closing down a main road.
no, I didn't get any awards. :(

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Sounds fun, but you have to give us in the great white north time for the snow to melt - it will be another two months before the track days and AutoX starts back up around here. :)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
erioshi ... it's for the whole year. You have till December 31 :)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hard to believe, but 2006 is 1/3 over already! ... granted the race season has not been running quite that long.

So who is entering their MR2 in what? where?
How's it going? Who would like to start making some nominations?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
i ran up an 1/8 mile last week; cant say i did too bad considering..... other than that its been 2 auto-x and a day at vir

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks mr.deux, but that would not be appropriate.
Jekyl Hyde Racing will not be giving itself an award.
The point of this award is to inspire everyone else to get out there and try stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
It's 2006! Redroof is parking Mara for another summer without racing or trophies :(

at least it seems that way. God i can't wait till my parts get here and i have a week off.
she needs to roar again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.