MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
RHD 1992 JDM Toyota MKII MR2 GT Turbo
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My fellow MR2 Owners and enthusiasts alike, I'm in search of a complete torque spec sheet or list. I know there's one because Bob Pham pulls it up on his phone during his videos from time to time, I'd just like to locate that or something relatively similar and as accurate as that.

The reasoning is that I'm new to this, this is my first car and engine work ever, so I might've loosened some nuts and bolts that probably didn't need to be, so I'm trying to tighten them back down to spec.

To be specific, I'm working on my '92 JDM Turbo MR2, mechanically speaking, it's completely stock (except for intake and exhaust), I'm just wanting to restore and put this gem back on the road. If anyone is interested, I've got plenty of pictures on my progress and quite the transformation the engine has gone.

The initial problems when I bought this car were oil leaks from who knows where, no cold air, no power steering. After two days the problems multiplied to a slipped clutch (turns out it was REALLY AGGRESSIVELY worn out), alternator got gooped and caked by the spilled oil so it committed sudoku, and given the milage, it's about time for a timing belt replacement.

I dropped the engine and cleaned and restored it as best as possible, suprising what a heap of layered burnt oil can do to an engine trans and components, was incredible to see the original color again. The leaks I believe are oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, and gaskets behind the timing belt and pulleys. Also replacing the rear main seal for preventative measures and because why not since I've already got it all apart. Found the oil seal retention gasket was cracked so replacing that too.

Needless to say, it's easier to pull things apart than it is to put them back together without appropriate torque specs, and thus here I am, seeking the help of the fellow community. If anyone has any leads on a compiled list of torque specs, would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

·
Registered
1991 NA
5 Posts
You want the BGB (big green book), the factory service manual. Most of the links on this forum are broken but you can google around and find a PDF. In each diagram the torque specs are labeled next to the fasteners in a few different units, in the beginning of the book it says what the units are in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts