MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remember seeing a pic a while ago of 17in Lexus IS300 wheels on a 2nd gen mr-2. I was wondering if anyone here has done it or has pics of a car with the wheels.

Thanks,
-Patrick

Edit: Did a search (doh!) and found some pics. Can someone do me a huge favor and show me everything I would need as far as suspension to have the wheels looking ok on the car? As in spacers, springs, shocks, etc.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
springs and shocks are up to you.
I'd use 5mm spacers up front and 20mm spacers in the rear. If you really like the look and are getting them cheap, go for it. If you're getting the tires with them, people have had rubbing up front because they're too tall. Plan on replacing at least the fronts with something closer to factory overall diameter for best fitment and look.
I wouldn't use them at all since you don't gain any width in the rear and because to get them looking how I would want, it's another $180 or so in spacers. Cost of wheels + tires + spacers = price of aftermarket wheels that are lower weight and fit better to begin with + tires. I'm not saying don't do it, just saying you should look around at other options as well. ;)

Pics you may not have seen:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got them on my MR2. Just like EL PAALO said the fronts will rub the back doesn't need spacers (with stock suspension 92 turbo) but will be a little to inset. You can kind of see the rims in my sig.
I'll try to post some pics latter on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts