MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that Toyota will no longer make 2 door/sports cars, they are now just a family car company. Toyota moved there sports cars to Scion and are going to continue making the Celica under a new name and make the next generation MR2. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I have heard that... but I think it was on a forum or word-of-mouth, so I can't add any validity to it.

·
Original
10,788 Posts
NO, I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!!;)

they are not going to stop building scion Tc's or camry solora's, or even the 2 door V8 lexus cars.

yes, toyota is going for the economic cars, but for some reason i dont think that they will stop putting efficiant powerplants into small (coupe) cars

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
They will make whatever gets more sales, and economy cars get more sales :thumbup Unless of course you build a sports car thats SO good that it dominates all other sport car competition (Miata and Mustang).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ultra Optimus said:
They will make whatever gets more sales, and economy cars get more sales :thumbup Unless of course you build a sports car thats SO good that it dominates all other sport car competition (Miata and Mustang).
The MR2 has always dominated those 2 cars but it needs a better power plant, one with more power from the factory. yeah it might compete with the lexus vehicles, but that just means they need to step those up.

a turbo model needs to come back as well as some drastic redigning to make the car more appealing to the eye, I personally found the MK III a little lacking in the styling compared to the MK II. That's why I didn't buy one.

I hope they step up the game a lot more before they bring it back again.

Does anyone know anything about the MK IV, i'm rather anxious to see what it might look like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts