MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Two for me, None for you
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)


If so, would that make it a Gen4? This is from a Toyota Altezza.
If I can read clearly, it says Beams on the valve cover.

-JD

EDIT: Better picture
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
JDSingh said:
If so, would that make it a Gen4? This is from a Toyota Altezza.
If I can read clearly, it says Beams on the valve cover.

-JD
-That's probably just a turbo'ed 3sge, I know the blacktop beams come with the altezza (won't fit in our mr2's unfortunately),
 

·
Two for me, None for you
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lyer said:
-That's probably just a turbo'ed 3sge, I know the blacktop beams come with the altezza (won't fit in our mr2's unfortunately),
I think your right. After closer inspection it says Yamaha/3sge.

Does anyone know the particular reason it doesnt fit in the mr2? Is it because our transmissions are different?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
The 3SGE fits, but wiring is a PITA. It's the exact same block as the 3SGTE. Heck, overseas, the 3SGE was the standard NA engine in the MKII.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
JDSingh said:
I think your right. After closer inspection it says Yamaha/3sge.

Does anyone know the particular reason it doesnt fit in the mr2? Is it because our transmissions are different?
-I believe so, and I think the intake manifold is too big to fit in our engine bays. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I know its not going to be cheap. :D
 

·
Two for me, None for you
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sux, it would have been nice to be able to put that in our cars. It looks so nice, doesnt it?

-JD
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top